A Hurricane Won't Stop Me From Mailing

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by roundabout, Aug 27, 2011.

1. roundabout

roundabout VIP

Just had to start this thread, just sayin'

Do you guys cease mail during weather crisis events like this? Would conversions improve (due to people being forced indoors) or slide (due to power outages)?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  2. PepeLePew

PepeLePew VIP

I lost power at 9am this morning (Sunday) and just got it back around 8PM. Put in as many drops as possible to carry me through Monday night. Had to prepare for the worst. There are over 400 trees down just in NYC. I have a huge tree lying across the street just a block away (Live in Long Island).

3. Emaginem

Emaginem VIP

I wonder how a few flood insurance drops do a few days before :D

That being said, I lost power too, wind socked us up here pretty nastily (RI). Had to go to a relatives

4. PepeLePew

PepeLePew VIP

Flood insurance, I like that. I am sure that would still work now. "Don't wait till the next flood, this could be you (image of flood damage). Get Flood insurance today!
    I still don't have electricity at my office, working from home.

5. airin

airin Member

When Hurricane Wilma came through a few years ago our office lost power for 3 weeks! We temporarily relocated to the ballroom of a Marriott right on the beach and 5 mins from my house. It was awesome.

I hope you get your power back soon, besides the flooding the overall damage doesn't look too bad. It's a good thing it weakened after hitting the Bahamas. If it would have hit at a Cat 3 the damage probably would have made Katrina look like a walk in the park, just because of the shear number of people in it's path. Ugh.