Acceptable Ip Sender Score

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by Buldog, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Buldog

Buldog New Member

I'm on a shared IP block, I have 25 Ips in a row that I am sending from out of curiosity what is the acceptable sender score range to get good delivery? Most are sitting about 80, a few below that.

Second Question, when getting soft bounces for google that says soft bounce: blocked for content how can I fix this? I have a feeling I am getting blocked before any filtering comes into play because of my own seeds. I have used just about every email spam checker test out there and comes back with a 0 score(no spam detected). Only thing I could think of was sender score thus the first question.
    Thanks
    -Chris

2. nickphx

nickphx VIP

Sender score is not weighed as heavily as it once was. Obviously a higher score would be indicative of mailing deliverable data without spam traps and low complaints..
    As far as gmail blocking based on content, have you checked if any of your domains are listed on any DNSBL like DBL, SURBL, URIBL, SEM?
    Most if not all of the 'spam' scoring tools out there are just running tests against spamassassin.. they may or may not be checking the domains in the message against the DNSBL's.

3. Buldog

Buldog New Member

ok, that would make sense. No domains are listed in anything like that according to http://multirbl.valli.org/ , ciscos senderbase, and mx toolbox. Thats why i was wondering about the senderscore. Does sending both GI and Big4 domains through the same server have an effect on this as well?... The data im sending is straight from site owner so I know its good stuff just having a hard time getting delivery... This is the first server we have done on our own, does interspire link masking & unsub make a noticeable differnece in delivery?

4. nickphx

nickphx VIP

The larger "big 4" use "engagement metrics" along with content filtering, sending domain reputation, IP reputation, and recipient based rules to score the messages and decide delivery.
    Regardless of the data source, if you're sending mail to people that will reactive negatively your delivery will suffer.
    You claim the data is from the site owner.. Have you sent any type of confirmation message to the data, mentioning the site or allowing them to confirm subscription?

I would avoid using interspire. It's been used and abused by countless idiots which causes other countless idiots create rules to filter the messages.. While using Interspire may not cause delivery problems, it does not help when your sending infrastructure has little to no delivery history or reputation.

5. Buldog

Buldog New Member

Gotcha, that makes sense. And to clarify I am sending both data from site owner about 25% and typical brokered data75% out of same server setup, should I not be doing that?
    No conformation used, I am mailing that data just like the brokered stuff.

Ok I've been looking at Throughput and Kung fu from super genii, already using sendy but for SES so exploring that as an option also

6. nickphx

nickphx VIP

I wouldn't mix data on the same IP ranges..

7. Buldog

Buldog New Member

I see some people just having a server for aol, yahoo etc, is that necessary to separate per domain you are targeting or can all of these be grouped, just separated from the GI stuff?

8. nickphx

nickphx VIP

i don't know. why not test and find out?

9. Buldog

Buldog New Member

That's the plan already in motion
    Thanks nick!