Amount of data on Start Up

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by KillahBee, Oct 27, 2012.

1. KillahBee

KillahBee New Member

Hi,

I kinda of realized in previous attemps that a decent budget is important upon start up. I wouldn't say mailing isn't worth it otherwise. Having mailed from a unaltered version of activecampaign with low quality data, but it involves a lot more headaches and substantially lowers your earnings per work hour.

So I decided to save a little while, being a student with my regualr income being whatever mum and dad gives me + some small freelance work. Due to this subpar setup to say the least I was doing pretty low volume compared to a lot of people here.

I am trying to plan a budget for an okay startup in mailing GI the main question that arises is how many records do I need to get me through mailing for a month to be able to cover costs or even put some money in my pocket?

I would love to have some input on this and I am well aware that it might be hard for some of you to think back to times where you didn't have your large clicker and opener lists. Also I am pretty sure styles of mailing vary where some people just hit certain segements of their databse a few times a day whereas others don't.

Looking at costs data should be the biggest expense for me. I am talking abut a setup where the platform would cost me 600 per month and domains maybe 100+ as well as budgeting in server for maybe 250 (the more the better on this position due to the risk of losing server on GI).

Any rough estimates or input would be greatly appreciated, being well aware that quality of data might be the biggest variable in this equation.

2. JayM

JayM VIP

I started almost a year ago with about 2k. I lost about $500 the first month, but from the second month on I was able to put some money back in my pocket. The most important factor in my business was getting involved with someone who was going to teach me how to mail.(templetes, data, servers, ip's, network connections) There is a ton that goes into getting this off the ground. I ended up working with Push Send but I don't think he is taking on clients any more? I would not recommend getting started in the game with out some guidance...

To me more direct you should at least have at least 3k-4k to get started in my opinion

3. bulldozer

bulldozer Member

I wish I had some sort of mentor, but I do know push can sell you data. If you're looking for a good chunk to start I would look there

4. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

know someone would be able to help you get started, and yes, it's very hard to get stared witthout some help from your mentor.

it cost about 2k to start imo

5. noobking

noobking Member

You would also consider the cleaning fee. So I think 2k would be a good amout for data and clean cost

6. KillahBee

KillahBee New Member

Thanks a lot for the insight guys. Well yes I kind of have someone I can ask, if questions arise. Wouldn't call him a mentor, but he has a few years of experience in the industry. As far as templates etc. goes I guess I will have to figure that out on my own.