AOL 554

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by darrenc77, Jul 15, 2014.

1. darrenc77

darrenc77 New Member

Any AOL mailers been seeing extra high 554 errors on ranges this week? I've mailed AOL for years and have been able to stay away from these errors for along time, but this week I've had multiple ranges go down with 554.

Wondering if it's something that is isolated to my ranges or if other people are seeing this as well.

2. mike44

mike44 VIP

yep, i see it too.

3. cyborgfuture

cyborgfuture New Member

AOL has been crazy for us here. Trying to get out of it being our top domain.
    Mailing slower has helped us and using smaller ranges: /27's seem to work the best.

4. aklayman

aklayman VIP

We receive AOL 554 block periodically too, can't seem to find how to avoid them, been slowing down on all errors but that doesn't seem to be the solution

5. DAgent

DAgent Moderator

Home Page:
    cyborgfuture is right on spot -- setting up a /24 with 8 domains (one domain per /27) and mailing ONLY through a /27 a day is the solution.

6. darrenc77

darrenc77 New Member

When breaking up a /24 into /27's and only sending on 1 domain per day...how much volume are you comfortable with in getting out on that single /27 per day?

7. darrenc77

darrenc77 New Member

Right now I'm just breaking the /24 into 8 domain groups (31 ips to each group), but I'm pretty early in my testing, so we will see how long the range holds up this way. My next ranges I'm going to try out your above config SG.

Also, I'm trying a few /24's using the same setup as above (8 domains per /24), but I'm only sending to AOL on the first 4 domains in the group and only setting up rDNS on the first 4 domains in the group. The thought is, if one of the domain groups gets listed, does it kill the full /24 or just the 4 domains with the rDNS setup.

8. darrenc77

darrenc77 New Member

How much volume you guys getting out of the /27's per day to AOL? Also, what are your thoughts sending on multiple /27's within with a /24 as long as each /27 has an individual swip?