Best Offer Hosting and Tracking Systems

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by phdesign, Oct 15, 2012.

1. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

Hey Guys and Gals,

Wasn't sure exactly where to put this question in the forum, but hopefully it finds some insightful eyes here.

I had a company I used to work with call me up and want me to create some offers for them. I have done that off and on for over 10 years. I spent years working on a PHP system for hosting the offers and basically allowing affiliates to run them - this was before some of the big tracking ASPs were around.

Later I had a system custom built in ASP that went a big step beyond for hosting offers, tracking sales, affiliates, pixels, etc. At the same time I had the offers on DirectTrack since my system wasn't publisher friendly. Yet, DT was not admin friendly (way too much crap I never used and lots of overhead), not to mention it crashed a couple of times.

I will never go that route again. I was paying $5k+ per month for development plus $1500 for DT. I have all the old system code but I don't want to pay a programmer every time I change some little thing or need to grab the leads.

In addition I've used several other tracking systems from 1Shoppingcart to clickbank to LimeLightCRM. I've built offers on Wordpress, Drupal, and HTML with Awebber.

I'm just looking for a good system to pull this together that is easy to manage and doesn't make me rely on a programmer for the smallest of things.

So here is finally my question in two parts:

1. What is the best system to set up and host offers that is off-the-shelf yet flexible? I think this will be pure lead gen rather than ecommerce (could be ecommerce at some point like back end upsale offers but not from the start). Needs to be able to easily segregate leads by offer or advertiser. Needs to be user friendly and not require me or a programmer to pull the leads from the database. Needs to be able to post the leads to the advertiser database.
    2. If I am going to provide tracking, can HasOffers really handle 5-10 offers and 100's of 1000's of clicks per month? Or do I have to get something like Cake? Or is there something better to run with and perhaps a complete solution that mailers and perhaps networks would find friendly that also can handle the lead offer hosting?

Thanks for your input here!

2. noobking

noobking Member

I have experience for tracking and i personally use hasoffers for my mailing tracking. Though there were some problems in the past for hasoffers, now its tracking accurate. If you are have enough funds, cake would be a great choice, $2500 monthly fee plus clicks, otherwise you can use hasoffers

3. airin

airin Member

Cake is solid for both the affiliate and hosting side.... but I do like LinkTrust's offer hosting side better. Overall if I was picking a system to do both sides it would definitely be Cake.

Both are expensive when you add in the per lead and click fees. How much volume do anticipate a month?

4. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

I'll have to take a closer look at Cake. I've run offers on networks that use it but never seen the back end.

In the past the offers I've done have generated a few thousand leads per week. I think I'll have to revisit Hasoffers (seemed interesting for a platform for limited offers and apparently works well with LimeLight - not that I'm set on LimeLight either), Cake and maybe even LinkTrust. I've run some offers on LinkTrust networks as well. I've just never seen the back end of any of them.

I know HasOffers is "cheap" starting out, but don't want that to be the factor nor want something that will limit future growth.