Cisco's SenderBase

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by liondragon, Jul 23, 2014.

1. liondragon

liondragon New Member

I find SenderBase to be much more sensitive then SenderScore. Mailing GI exclusively on separate IPs, my SenderScore is hovering in 97-99 range for most of the time. SenderBase, however, tends to become 'Good' after first few mailings, but then slides to 'Poor'.

I'm trying to mail data that affects SB separately to narrow down the issue, but can't seem to weed out all of it.

What are the mx servers that are connected with SenderBase besides ironport? And what's your experience with maintaining good rep with them?

P.S IPs are not listed on any blacklists.

2. Daansen

Daansen Member

How do you manage to keep the IPA's not blacklisted working with GI? Just good cleaning or something else?
    Concerning Senderscore, my guess is that it shows its score with some decent delay, so you see your 'poor' reputation first on Senderbase and only on the next day you see it on the Senderscore. At least it's my experience : )

3. liondragon

liondragon New Member

Yeah, relentless cleaning of anything remotely suspicious.

There is definitely no delay with SenderScore, as it shows recent campaigns. Also, SenderScore starts showing it's score earlier than SenderBase changes from "neutral". So, I can definitely say they use very different data, though some of it may overlap of course.

Makes me wonder why would SenderBase go from 'neutral' to 'good', and then suddenly become 'poor'. I'd assume it's because complaints accumulate gradually. Can only guess without FBL.. But, if I could separate at least part of those emails on separate IP, and watch closer I might get some clues.

I'll rephrase the question. Does anyone has some experience with mailing to Ironport, and keeping good SenderBase score?

4. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

How do you define "mailing to Ironport"?

5. liondragon

liondragon New Member

Meaning mailing to domains that use Ironport/Cisco mtas.

That of course leads to my original question - how to identify them?

6. liondragon

liondragon New Member

Update:
    After doing some research, I see that MX record name is set by Cisco customers. And, while, sometimes it has "ironport" keyword in it, many times it will be random. If understand how Cisco Emails Security works correctly, the only reliable way to identify those servers would be looking up MX record's IP.