Content Links

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by KillahBee, Oct 14, 2012.

1. KillahBee

KillahBee New Member

I am not sure about this and I would love some insight. I am mailing Gi right now.

Do the content links you use differ form the sending domain?

I have heared mixed opinions on this and as a noob I actually was under the impression that different content links would trigger a phishing warning in the mail client?

I mean I obviosuly see the benefit of it regarding clicks if you loose a server, but does using different links benefit deliverability also? And if it does it wouldn't make sense if not only your image and click throughs but also open tracking and unsubs being redirected through the same link?

Do you swith these URLs from time to time as well?

I am currently using active so the platform isn't an issue. I would just have to set up .htaccess to et this done.

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  2. postmaster

postmaster VIP

I've mainly mailed TLD over the years, so others may have different opinions with GI... But I've pretty much ALWAYS used seperate sending domains vs body domains (except for a recent venture which the system uses the same domains).

I've found that content filters can sometimes pick up on body domains and effect delivery and/or delivery speeds. Simply switching body domains fixed those issues, while sending with the original domain.