Cross Browser Testing - test your creatives

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by gspot, May 3, 2011.

1. gspot

gspot VIP

With dirty IE still dominating the world of internet browsing I always stress the importance of testing each creative. Now it's almost impossible to satisfy ever browser or isp rendering, therefore you need to pick your battles. If your creatives come out skewed in safari but render 100% across all other browsers then I wouldn't wast too much time adjusting. Cross Border testing software is a great tool, check out the demo or free trial http://crossbrowsertesting.com/

2. PushSend

PushSend VIP

Good advice for sure. This raises the point that you could ask your rep if their team does cross browser optimization on the creatives or on their LP too. A great rep would know. A good rep will tell you they'll go ask. While we know not to send images too big (i.e. bigger than 500x500 for instance) for scrolling issues, the LP of an offer is there to do the converting for you. As an advertiser I was fortunate enough to have a design team that did all of this for us. We never set anything live that wasn't ready for the top 3-4 browsers. So ask. Remember that if the LP isn't doing its job it's costing YOU money! Likewise, if the creative isn't working then you're wasting your time and resources.

:thrasher: