Data Monetization?

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by PermaNull, May 21, 2013.

1. PermaNull

PermaNull VIP

In my experience while mailing it seems most people specifically parse out those who actually open and click on their emails, but what do they do with that data that they haven't confirmed to be an opener/clicker.

Do you guys mail both the unconfirmed data as well as the openers/clickers you've managed to parse out or is it not even worth your time?

I'm just asking because logically thinking what if one of the people you've mailed previously who didn't click just weren't interested in what you had mailed and in such were a potential lead/conversion?

And from the few mailers I talk to on a daily basis it seems they just come up with a specific list of clickers/openers and only email those with their campaigns.

So I wanna hear how you guys go about monetizing your data...
    I.E.
    Do you only parse out openers/clickers and mail based on that...
    Do you sort your data out by verticals who was interested/opened/clicked on what vertical?
    Do you just mail large amounts of data at random lol?
    Etc.

2. HolyProfitz

HolyProfitz New Member

I personally at the moment mail large amounts of data at random, clean out the bounces and bad inboxes though.

3. PermaNull

PermaNull VIP

Are you a big 4 mailer though?,
    The only experience I really have when saying they parse out openers/clickers would be with GI mailers, as that's pretty much all I mail besides some BB I haven't tried my hand at the big 4 yet.

4. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

In not trying to make this sound stupid, but if you don't keep mailing other data, your clicks and opens are going to dwindle down due to unsubscribes, dead mailboxes, etc. So mail the clicks and opens on your best IPs. Mail your delivers after you've "warmed them up" (or in the case of GI, warmed them down). The problem there is that you may lose some potential opens and clicks if your IPs are too dirty and you're getting blocked everywhere. This is speaking of GI here. You can always get a "burner box" - a cheap server to mail your data and discard the trash. Then pull whatever deliverable and good data onto your other servers.

5. HolyProfitz

HolyProfitz New Member

yes,yes i am.