DBL immunity (domain vs domain)

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by damian, Sep 21, 2014.

1. damian

damian Active Member

Over the course of my mailing experience I've been in possession of a few solid domains that never get touched by the DBL

At the same time I've had a whole bunch of them get hit by the end of a drop.

I thought it was because the good domain was aged and maybe it being a .com helped. The ones that got flagged were newly registered and .us (if that matters)

Im telling you, I mailed millions off this one domain and SH couldn't touch it. Only recently did it get listed because i got greedy and mailed to a list i shouldn't have. Old and probably under SHs control.

Anyways, I tried replacing it by buying some aged domains off a forum. And I have not been blessed with a similar domain experience. this new domain i got that was aged got DBL'd in seconds.
    So I'm guessing the age didn't account for it. And it probably is not the data. I was mailing mostly my deliverables and O/C

I also dont think its the content. That one good domain was used for all sorts of offers like dating, refinance, etc etc

Maybe its just luck?

2. damian

damian Active Member

nah I used quite a few ips from different providers. Even the Ips in use were SBL'd at times.

3. damian

damian Active Member

true, however when i replaced the "golden" domain with a new "aged' domain i only mailed the good data. And still got DBLd.

I'm not saying my OC/deliverables is trap free but it might be a footprint issue, but thats a whole other issue/thread.

this one domain was just tearing it up. I made a lot of money off it.

Really wish I hadn't mailed that damn list. It'd probably still be DBL free.

I wonder if once time passes and its off the DBL maybe it will still have its good luck. because honestly i dont know what else could have given it its shield.

EDIT: I think you misread that or maybe i said it wrong. yes the new dataset did get it DBLd but thats because that db was real old and had spamtraps for sure. not sure what i was thinking when i mailed it. There is no such thing as immunity to a DBL but it was damn close.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  4. Davidfanny

Davidfanny New Member

Very fine but please explain me what the means of age domain.

5. Fun4uoc

Fun4uoc VIP

Aged...

adjective

1. having lived or existed long; of advanced age; old:
    an aged man; an aged tree.

2. pertaining to or characteristic of old age :
    aged wrinkles.

3. of the age of:
    a man aged 40 years.

4. brought to maturity or mellowness, as wine, cheese, or wood:
    aged whiskey.

5. Physical Geography. old; approaching the state of peneplain.

6. James browes

James browes New Member

Spamhaus will list you if you're using multiple domains to send the same email campaign.
    try to change the who is info on the domains before using it to send emails. or tracking ..etc.
    Those the things I faced. am sure there're more different causes of spamhaus