Designing Email for Smartphones

Discussion in 'In The News' started by emaildirect, Jun 30, 2011.

1. emaildirect

emaildirect New Member

Mobile phone email clients support more CSS properties than regular email so we see that as the perfect opportunity to get creative with your email design! You can also be creative and efficient by making one email that will look good in email clients on both computers and smartphones – all while still following best practices.

This blog contains tips, downloadable HTML and everything you need to optimize for smartphone rendering.

Continue Reading: http://edsn.us/i/we

2. airin

airin Member

Thanks for posting this! One thing I am about to start working on is designing the landing pages for smart phones. This hasn't caught on yet with most advertisers, but it is definitely the next logical step. From what my CTO says its super easy to code for the phones/ ipads/ etc...just need work on optimizing the designs for each one so conversion rates stay optimal.

3. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

I would not call this "designing for smartphone" the same as "[designing for] both computers and smartphones".

Bringing things down to the lowest common denominator is totally different from taking advantage of any unique mobile features, which you COULD do on a landing page.

But in any case great article, thanks for sharing!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2011