DirectTrack sites down...again

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by DoldGigga, Feb 24, 2012.

1. DoldGigga

DoldGigga VIP

Apparently someone is doing a DDoS on DirectTrack's servers, the "back end" used by many affiliate networks. LOL @ single point of failure network designs.

2. inblock

inblock VIP

Thanks for the info Dold. I just heard a "data center metldown." It never ends with this morons...it crashes constantly. Aside from the DDoS fail, why the hell did they not have a back up of some kind in place? That blows me away more than anything.

Clickbooth pays them a ridiculous amount of money I'm sure, and after all this time no preparation was made for this.
    [​IMG]

3. DoldGigga

DoldGigga VIP

Yeah I can't complain much about the money I'm not making due to this directtrack fail, knowing that networks like Flux and CB are dead in the water too...with the added bonus of being caught between pissed off pubs on one side and disgruntled advertisers on the other.

Something like this happened last month in January. There really is no excuse for a lack of network redundancy considering that you can basically host your shit on Amazon's "cloud" servers and enjoy their impeccable uptime and speed.

4. jellyfish

jellyfish VIP

Friends don't let friends use DT.

After seeing what their support was like when working in a network, and then working on the transition to Hitpath. Their complete lack of care for clients that are paying pretty serious amounts of money is craziness. Its as if they think they are running a negative option continuity product. I can say that I would avoid them like the plague, especially when there are other options. Not that the other options are necessarily perfect, but at least they seem to give a fuck or two.

The worry I would have about DT going down are the offers that are rebrokered from DT that I may be inadvertently running.

5. PushSend

PushSend VIP

News about DT sucking is about as interesting as hearing someone complain that ADKi shaves....

:thefinger:

6. JohnFarrell

JohnFarrell VIP

Unless you're 100% certain everything you run isn't brokered you can still get fucked over by this. Even if the affiliate company you're working with doesn't use DT directly.

I'd like to kick some faggot with a botnet in the nuts right now.

7. Fun4uoc

Fun4uoc VIP

Lol, maxbounty is jumping all over this.

Word is that DirectTrack networks are suffering some downtime. Just a heads up to our advertisers and affiliates that MaxBounty uses a proprietary tracking system. We are NOT experiencing any downtime at all. Let me know if you***8217;re an affiliate and need to move your traffic ASAP. We have a team of affiliate managers standing ready to approve applications and assist in moving links. If you aren***8217;t already aware, we offer a $1000 performance bonus to new affiliates.

On another front, I***8217;ll be at Leadscon on Monday if anyone wants to connect to discuss business face-to-face. We***8217;re looking to sign a bunch of new lead gen campaigns. (Send me your landing URLs and CPA rates ***8211; no payday, %-per-sale or WAP campaigns please.) I should be at our booth most of the time. Email me if you want to chat.

8. Mike91TT

Mike91TT VIP

DT costs me tons last 2 days. Rot in hell. How do they not prevent this?

9. DoldGigga

DoldGigga VIP

10. benebenebene

benebenebene New Member

May I ask why crap software like Direct Track is so common in this industry?

Seriously this software is so limited for affiliates, and it always feels to me like it was coded in 1950.
    Also, as far as I know those platforms charge ridiculous amounts for their services.. I really just don't get this.

PS:
    hitpath, linktrust, etc aren't really much better imho

11. mrbojangles

mrbojangles VIP

DirectTrack Down Again?

This should not come as a shock...but I heard that DirectTrack is down again - Today

Anyone else hear anything?

12. inblock

inblock VIP

Yeah Clickbooth went down for a bit, not sure about the rest. Epic fail. Beyond epic actually......

13. DoldGigga

DoldGigga VIP

I guess a more 'shocking' thread would be titled "DirectTrack is UP!"