Do major RBLs check up on sending domains content?

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by damian, Mar 13, 2016.

1. damian

damian Active Member

Let's say we are sending to some of the bigger, more advanced ISPs out there (Big4, Verizon, iCloud, RR, etc)

Let's also say we are using a static From Name and trying to build up reputation by sending via just 1 domain per /27 or /24.

Does it matter if that domain is hosting content such as web pages, links, etc? Do major antispam organizations such as SpamHaus, Barracuda, Spamcop care for this at all?

2. DAgent

DAgent Moderator

Home Page:
    Hi Damian,

Yes, big 4 (specially those who also offer a search engine) do care about the content of the page behind the domain you send the email from. Their decision of placing your email on the inbox versus junk, sent from IP space they don't know about (no reputation) will highly depend on the content of your email and the content of the page that comes up by hitting the link. Think of SEO and you'll get a better idea of what I'm explaining here.

I hope it helps

3. damian

damian Active Member

Thanks for the reply DAgent but just want to make sure we're on the same page; The domain I'm referring to is the sending domain (the one that you'd bind to the sending IP) not additional domains used in the email creative (affiliate links, domains used for hosting landing pages, etc)

4. DAgent

DAgent Moderator

Home Page:
    Oh I get that now... I was just refering to the domains you use on the creative, sorry...