Elist Pro Update?

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by phdesign, Nov 25, 2015.

1. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

Hey all, I know Elist Pro has been mentioned here a few times before and many use it. I have been using the same version well over a decade. However, since recently upgrading to Windows 10, t has become more faulty than ever (memory problems, crashes, etc.). I have a 1TB hard drive (90% free) and it gets a little old seeing the message that there is not enough available space ;) Pretty outdated yet still useful after all these years.

Anyone know if this has been updated since version 3.1? I googled it and can't seem to find a reliable site selling it (they all look like old cracked versions). I have a copy of Listmate Pro that is about as old. I believe they have updated in the past few years but for what I do, Elist seems to be better. But I need something from this decade that works. I can't even seem to find the developer site so maybe it is gone with the wind.

Thanks!

2. omega1c2

omega1c2 VIP

The reason there are no updates to either of those programs is because the developers ceased a long time ago.
    Last development of elist was before the developer (dave) got involved in litigation.
    The same developer that created nexus, smtp scanner and lightspeed.

The best way to run these legacy programs without issues or minimal are:

1. create a virtual system and run xp, vista or 7
    2. spare pc and run it on xp, win 7 or vista (any machine nowadays can handle vista)

Both elist and listmate run flawlessly on xp & vista. While 7 may be periodical issues.

3. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

Wow... You certainly know more than google Omega ;)

Thanks for the info. I do have an old laptop collecting dust somewhere. I can get Elist to work on Win10 but I literally had to break down a list into 10MB sections to do some (what ordinarily is) quick sorting this morning. Kinda painful...

Happy Thanksgiving all!

4. damian

damian Active Member

just get send-safe list manager. much better than elist imo.

heard listmate is pretty good too but i'v never really used it extensively. the developer is still around though and seems to still be working on it.

5. elusivemarketing

elusivemarketing VIP

sslm is the best. listmate is too slow for my tastes. and elist pro is good if you can find one without a backdoor nearly every version public has some type of backdoor.

6. swank

swank Member

Yea Shawn has developed 2 versions of listmate, platinum and pro if i remember right.