Email Verifier

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by DaMadHatter, Oct 6, 2013.

1. DaMadHatter

DaMadHatter Active Member

When cleaning up your older membership lists before mailing, what do you feel is the best way?

1. Use one of these "email verify" online services or software?
    2. Scrub your list yourself a few times to pull out the successes for your master files?
    3. Hire a third party to scrub them for you and return a clean success list?

:13:

2. Daansen

Daansen Member

When I have enough money for everything, I choose (3).
    When I want to save (it is more often the case), I do (2).
    (1) - once upon a time I bought verifying software, wich worked perfectly, but all my IP's (from different nets) I used for verifying, were blacklisted and blocked by cables and majors in few hours.

3. DaMadHatter

Good feedback.

I found one the other day you supposedly pay a monthly fee too, and they will verify the addresses for you. I have seen guys post on forums before with having some experience/luck with these in the past, but wasn't sure if they were legit and how many people actually use them.

Perhaps this is a mission for SuperGenii.

:hmmmm:

4. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

Assuming you mean the hard bounce verifier, I never trust those "email verifier" out there. Here is why
    -They ain't exactly trust worthy since they can just steal your data
    -The cost is insanely high for the one that works, some charge you like 1k to verify for 100k
    -99.9% they never work lol believe it or not, and when you turn around and tell them, the support just virtually not exist.

I would rather build one for myself and get those cheap VPS to use it.

5. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

From recent experience using a Windoze software app to verify:

1. Be prepared to burn IPs as said above. Even if you are just checking the majors (basic 250 test) for the validity of an email, Hotmail and AOL are going to shut down your IPs when you hit them enough. There are some strategies to make the IPs last a while, but if you upload your list of a million and let it run you aren't going to get very far unless you have a large amount of IPs on separate ranges you are rotating through.

2. Supposedly there are third parties that will let you use their services. Unfortunately, they seem to be hard to come by. I am not recommending this but the software vendor recommended using proxies. While you can rent a proxy, who knows how good that IP is really going to be. Oh, and it is still just one IP that isn't going to last very long.

3. Do you really trust sending all your data through a third party? What I'm talking about is the software I have says you can use a third party service which is pretty much a large bank of IPs. But again as noted above, do you trust whoever that is? Since the software provider isn't a major, easily accessed company, I'm more than a little skeptical of the services I've seen so far.

From what I understand you can't verify on all the majors and cables. I just went through some old posts here where this topic was discussed. The consensus was that most people won't even use Bridge or the more known companies. Rather they are using "disposable boxes/IPs".

I am very interested to know what others have found to work as I'm in the same boat and don't want to keep burning up IPs and don't want to keep taking forever to run small lists without burning IPs. In addition, I'd like to know specifically if there is any better solution for Yahoo that will let me clean more data without pushing the bounce limits and getting throttled/losing IPs.

6. DaMadHatter

Interesting indeed.

I think a lot of it comes down to how you manage your ip's while doing this. It's a lot of patience and technique. For example, what works for AOL may not work so well for Yahoo or cables. You could have a smaller or larger margin for error. Completely different throttles and such needed. I've found this myself as I experiment outside of AOL.

7. DaMadHatter

Very true. Many are cost prohibitive. But if you could get a decent level of verification, it "may" be worth the expense. However, as you said, with what may be required to pull this off, it could be a tricky enterprise. Supposedly some of these 'verification services' claim they are not sending mail, but doing some sort of server side check.... much like those who test for a range being blocked at 'the majors'. While I suppose anything is possible, I agree that it would appear to need a lot of ip's to be able to do this, especially on any volume.

While data is a concern, it's secondary. As many people are pounding the fuck out of the same exact data with a difference of around 10-15% as verified by affiliate programs. The notion there is a lot of top secret data floating around is lore, not actually fact. Could someone have special top secret goldmine data? Sure. But it's not what most programs see by and large.

8. DaMadHatter

This right here is an excellent point, and oh so true. Plus REP.

9. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

so in another word, it's about the performance and how well you manage your data, eventually the money will come after.

10. ibro

ibro Banned

Yes good point. It is good way to manage the data and sure money will come soon and with great authority.

11. devlin

devlin Banned

Yes it is upto how you can mange your data. If you will manage it well then it sure money will come soon.

12. bridgemarketing

bridgemarketing VIP

Just jumping in here- yes you are right, verification isn't 100% but using verification in conjunction with known negative user data can reduce your risk considerably. We also offer a completely different cleaning service that pulls out just responders instead of pulling out negative users which we find even more effective than the hygiene and verification combo. Not trying to use this forum as a way to sell our products but I do want to address that verification is effective, although it may not be as effective as mining through the data. It's a matter of finding the right level of hygiene to speed up the process and lower your costs.

If you are interested in learning more about our process just message me and I can give you the rundown and how we typically recommend our partners mail to the clean data.

Side note- we have zero interest in stealing your data. We have our own massive database so chances are we have all your data already and taking your data would not be compliant and put us at risk with our relationship with Acxiom which would not be worth a couple thousand records.

13. aadner

aadner New Member

Very good advice - especially for a noob. Not only that, but the strategy makes sense and ensures you are successful long term.

Aadner