Farewell Cutting Edge Offers

Discussion in 'Networks Discussion' started by roundabout, Nov 29, 2012.

1. roundabout

roundabout VIP

These guys were always first rate in their prime, never heard a bad thing about them.. went through a lot of hardships recently, was sad to see this final statement.

2. PushSend

PushSend VIP

This doesn't surprise me because the bizopp model itself took a serious hit back in 09/10. Continuity programs in general but with bizopp and the neutrapsuedical verticals specifically maintaining merchant accounts became next to impossible. It is unfortunate because these guys really were at the top of the list when it came to networks for these offers.

3. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

As I'm seeing many networks closing doors, It raises the question of what is happening to our industry, where is it heading. Malpractice advertisers, deceptive marketers are making us look bad in front of the eyes of uncle Sam, and his hammer making us at risk of losing our business everyday.

4. akalaide

akalaide VIP

It is unfortunate to see this. I knew a bunch of them over there and they were all great people and always paid on time.

Farewell :(

5. nickphx

nickphx VIP

I don't see how it was ever a viable business model. The affiliate networks don't add much value to the transaction. They certainly don't add anywhere near what their margins are. They can all die a slow horrible death as far as I'm concerned.

6. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

nick,

I can understand your thought because you are an already established mailer. From a perspective of a new mailer, networks are the ones that agree to float the payments for us while they haven't already got paid. Some may say they are just a bunch of loan sharks, it's not entirely true, they just up front the payment for us pubs to speed up the cash flow and make our live easier, and tbh, I would rather lets the networks deal with the adv while I can have more time to focus to push out more mails.

7. nymailer

nymailer VIP

yea cause, I'm going to sit and and manage 100 direct offers and chase 100 people to pay IO's

8. BigEricBug

BigEricBug VIP

Kick em when their down Nick!

In my mind they are a necessity.....like NyMailer said, unless ur making enough cash on a just few direct offers alone, they certainly do serve a purpose. I ain't chasin that many wires around either, ur freakin nuts!! :hmmmm:

9. nickphx

nickphx VIP

That's what an accounts monkey is for. Even if you pay them a generous salary of $100k/year it's STILL a fraction of what the "Networks" steal from you.