Good esp for auto-responders

Discussion in 'ESP Discussion' started by leroyisgod, Jun 22, 2011.

1. leroyisgod

leroyisgod VIP

I'm looking for a good esp that can handle doing email auto-responders in real time. Were working on a few internal sites in various verticals and would like to double opt-in users. I'm curious to see what other mailers have used and has the delivery been good with the systems they've used.

2. airin

airin Member

I am looking for this too...literally just put my project manager on it today. I am thinking one of the bigger ESPs should work since it's for sites that we own. If we find something I will let ya know. =)

3. leroyisgod

leroyisgod VIP

Thanks and vice versa

4. erbux

erbux VIP

Use MailChimp. It's cheap and works well for double opt-in. They do not allow multiple unsubs, though. If it's just for an double opt-in process, they're top-notch.

Been using them since December. API is easy to pull the names out of their system.

You can buy a $30/mo plan and export/delete the subscribers before you go above 2500 and have to bump up to the $50/mo plan.

Works real well in my opinion.

5. theRZA

theRZA VIP

How about recommendations for ESPs that are good for single optin AND importing top quality leads?
    We run a network of sites that do natural lead gen for us so we are looking for a top quality ESP for them (currently using iContact but want to switch cus they are a pain in the ass).
    We are also looking to move our best leads from our bulk system to a top notch ESP (or a few). Ideally they would support imports of at least 50k leads at a time and offer top class deliverability. I dont mind if they are a bit tough on complaint rates etc as long as they arent as anal as iContact.

All recos appreciated!

erbux: does mailchimp support imports and is the double optin optional?

6. infomagic

infomagic New Member

sendpepper has a double optin optional......allow all forms of imports.....

mailchimp in its TOS does not want affiliates....caution there.

7. chk

chk Cell Data?

Again I will self promote here. We do not require double opt in, you are on your own dedicated server with dedicated IP's so you don't have to worry about getting booted off. While mail chimp is an easy and cheap way to go, it is only cost effective when you have a small list of subscribers. Also considering you are on shared IP's you have very limited options in terms of API integration and admin customization.

At listMarketer we can work with anyone no matter how big or small your list is or what size volume you are sending out. We are not the cheapest service around, but we offer some of the most advanced delivery available. PM, email or call me and I would be happy to tell you about our company, our sustainable mailing practices and how we differ from any other ESP around.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  8. infomagic

infomagic New Member

9. chk

chk Cell Data?

Clarification and Question

Just to clarify the previous post to make sure everyone understands what I am saying. While double opt in data is not "required," it is preferred. When a client uploads his or her data we still require accompanying information such as time stamp, IP address, URL and additional info to verify that the source and data is legitimate. We abide by all laws concerning email and require all of our clients to do the same.

When I said you "do not need to worry about being kicked off" or that "we work with anyone" I am assuming everyone understands the fact that you will need to be in compliance with our acceptable use policy and all activities must be legal. I am simply pointing out the fact that you have more wiggle room on a dedicated server versus one with shared IPs, as you can customize your mailing without the risk or hurting other clients.

Infomagic, the ListMarketer thread has criticisms as well as praise. We realize the concerns raised in the thread are valid and have tried to address them and change the best we can. What area of the thread most concerns you?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  10. diamondD

diamondD VIP

I use mailchimp and aweber, and I find that they are the best after testing just about every system ESP out there. Mailchimp is more forgiving. For aweber, you really need to have PRISTINE data. Did I mention, data needs to be really really good? Otherwise, you get the old swift kickoff.

11. gspot

gspot VIP

I assume you are looking for realtime in terms of check out and abandoned carts auto responders ? I can say that I've tested a handful in the past few weeks and I have to say Sailthru is probably one of the more robust platforms I have seen to date. Their UI is clean and simple, campaign set up is easy and reporting is awesome. And the amount of info you can get on tagging you data is mind blowing. The only downside is they have a 1yr commitment but you have 90days to opt out, which is nice.