Groupon's Email Budget

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by PushSend, May 19, 2011.

1. PushSend

PushSend VIP

I'm curious what you guys think Groupon spends every month on email. Who they use or if they keep it in-house. Do you think they use an ESP? Do you think they get around spam filters by spending millions a month in advertising with the TLDs?

So....what do you think?

:hmmmm2:

2. gspot

gspot VIP

Well here you go,

Received: by 10.68.56.227 with SMTP id d3mr6056326pbq.415.1305865333188;
    Thu, 19 May 2011 21:22:13 -0700 (PDT)
    Return-Path: <[email protected]>
    Received: from mta822.chtah.net (mta822.chtah.net [63.236.76.18])

they use Cheetahmail and I'm sure they spend A LOT and if you look at their IP rep, I don't see them having issues with delivery :32:

3. bluehairdave

bluehairdave VIP

you dont have spam problems if people arent complaining when they get your emails. Who complains about coupons?
    Note to self. Start coupon site.

4. PushSend

PushSend VIP

I don't care WHO you are, you'll get complaints. Read the article I posted about the spam button dumbing down society. There's a good sized percentage of people who actually believe using the spam button is how to unsubscribe from emails.

:stoned:

5. bluehairdave

bluehairdave VIP

i just know that when i send out an email for something like bippidy coupons or even those vacation ads i get half the unsubs and complaints i get when i send out a mortgage or debt ad.

that is where my thinking comes from. I also think that a billion dollar company will have more luck explaining away spam complaints and the team to deal with it.

Or at least I would hope so.

6. gspot

gspot VIP

Yes, I agree no matter who you are and how branded you are complaints will always happen, weather it be on purpose or mistake. Someone might hate Groupon and make a Spamhause complaint for no good reason and pop-goes the weezel. However, based on their SenderScore 94% of their email I believe get accepted ann I"m sure Cheetamail bends over backwards for these types of clients.

7. AffInsider

AffInsider VIP

If you pay enough - the complaint ratio is not looked upon with such disdain.

I know a few companies responsible for Fortune500 companies mail campaigns and they say the ISPs definitely look the other way when a name like "Wal Mart" is attached to the email campaigns.