Help!!!

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by jegolove, Feb 12, 2015.

1. jegolove

jegolove New Member

Hey Guys,

Thanks for this great forum. I have a question, if you could help me, that would be really appreciated.

Do you think SpamHaus is targeting Namecheap Registrar ? Because, everytime I register a domain, and point it to a new server / new IP - the domain got listed in DBL 1 or 2 hours later without having mails sent from it. Please advise.

Do you also think using "Privacy for whois protection (to avoid your email being taken by other people) can also cause that ?

What are the main reasons of being listed in CSS without dropping - or by just sending a test email to 4 of you addresses.

Please help!
    Thanks
    Jego

2. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

1. Do you think SpamHaus is targeting Namecheap Registrar ? Because, everytime I register a domain, and point it to a new server / new IP - the domain got listed in DBL 1 or 2 hours later without having mails sent from it. Please advise.

a. SpamHaus targets what they believe to be spam. They don't target every domain registered by Namecheap. So if you are easily footprinted they are going to keep listing you. These kinds of questions have been asked a lot here. If you register a domain and put it on a clean IP somewhere new that isn't in a spam neighborhood, they would have no reason to list a domain that has never been used. But unless you are mailing a TLD that doesn't care about brand new domains (search for day old bread), you might consider aged domains in the first place. Something isn't clean, DNS, IP, domain, footprint...​

2. Do you also think using "Privacy for whois protection (to avoid your email being taken by other people) can also cause that ?

a. Perhaps you should search these forums a little more. Don't use privacy whois. If you are concerned about getting spammed on your whois email (hehe) then use a gmail.​

3. What are the main reasons of being listed in CSS without dropping - or by just sending a test email to 4 of you addresses.

a. Are you really getting a CSS listing without sending any mail? Are the domains already DBL'd or dirty IPs or dirty DNS?​

Keep reading here and you'll find some answers to these kinds of questions.

3. jegolove

jegolove New Member

Thanks php!

4. DaMadHatter

DaMadHatter Active Member

It has nothing to do with "namecheap" per se, it has to do with the breadcrumbs you're leaving.

PHP touched on some of them. You should start there.