How much does cleaning cost?

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by location, Mar 26, 2015.

1. location

location New Member

Say I want to clean a list of one million, what would it cost? What are the best services for this?

I have a cleaning server setup which removes bounces, what more do the cleaning services do?

Thanks!

2. getstarted

getstarted VIP

they remove traps,complainers, etc...

3. location

location New Member

How much does it cost?

4. BigEricBug

BigEricBug VIP

Touchy touchy...u run out of "medicinal budda" Kung Fu Weenie ??

Data cleaning costs vary based on amount/type of data, and also with each specific company as the cleaning depth varies with different companies.
    There are many threads on this forum referring to it and containing company reps to some great companies, so do a little research you will find it.

Otherwise the Super Weenie vagina will get in an uproar again.

5. BigEricBug

BigEricBug VIP

If you read my post I actually answered this guy, instead of berating him like you did just before, hence my comments toward you.

So you were the one who hacked into this forum, I kind of figured this was you when I saw it, nice to see you admit it....wow...that should be a ban for life. You are not even a mod, who the fuck are you?? what are you doing deleting others posts. I must really be bothering you for you to spend time doing this for such a "busy successful guy". Embarrassing behavior out of you.

Anything not promoting your crap or benefiting you, is trolling?? Get a sense of humor and realize the world doesn't revolve around you, you sensitive cry baby. Previous mods have told me about your crying and whining via PM's about getting me banned.....on the flip side you are the one who has been banned multiple times in the past, and should be banned for good for hacking the system.

6. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

I think you mean the part where you exploited a permission issue that we had over looked and used it for your own benefit. You are not a mod, or an admin, you should not be deleting anything from the forum. I also tried to speak to you on Skype about this, and you conveniently ignored my messages. I hardly "berated" you, I tried to have a conversion which you did not engage with me on.

It also bothers me that you blame Eric for all of the trolling and post responses to legitimate questions as follows:

"If you want a quote, ask a scrubbing company.. Why the fuck are you asking that here" - Isn't this the essential meaning of trolling or flaming?

I don't think the OP asking the question about was out of line to warrant such a response. I am trying to build a better community, and I would love to have members who can help me do that, rather then making every post a flaming war.

If you want a dedicated thread to talk shit to each other, Ill happily set one up and you can keep all your back and forth banter in there.

If you ever delete anything off my forum again, Ill remove you and everything you have ever posted on it.

7. BigEricBug

BigEricBug VIP

1> You deleted posts that weren't yours 2> in a thread that wasn't yours 3> You were the one trolling. 4> better lay off the weed man you are loosing it. The guy was asking about scrubbing costs in a thread titled....
    How much does cleaning cost?

8. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

Let me get this straight, so rather then telling me there was a permission issue and my site was vulnerable, you just used it to your advantage rather then helping me to resolve my permission issue.

These permission issues have happened in the past, and I have had a few users notify me of the issue so I could resolve it, and I appreciated that they brought it to my attention so I could patch it up.

So on Super Genii, if I found an exploit on it that allowed me to access all of your customers data, basically what you are saying is that because you had it patched incorrectly, I should just go in there and steal all their data and use it for my own mailing and benefit. If the situation was flipped, I hardly believe this conversation would be the same.

9. shananiganzzz

shananiganzzz VIP

Where's my popcorn...dammit, someone stole my popcorn!

10. nickphx

nickphx VIP

If your main focus is "general internet" I'll do a one time domain suppression cleaning for $250. This will remove spamhaus traps, spamhaus contributing networks and some other cunts.

11. CleanMyEmails

CleanMyEmails New Member

Hey there, based on 1m you need to be more specific.
    there are really two ways to properly clean a list

1 - Validation or Scrubbing - basically removing known bad data like spam traps, honey pots, role accounts, etc.
    2 - Verification - removing the hard bounces.

1 - Scrubbing is pure computer processing, IW-ImpressionWise (who only validates) etc. charges at the top end $500/million down to about $250 i have heard
    2 - Verification is very similar to mailing so your going to burn IP, proxies etc. - BriteVerify ( who only Verify) start at $5000/million.

If your mailing with a whitelisted server like mailchimp or CC then you should do both as thier thresholds are crazy and they'll block your lists as you upload them, never mind mail them.

If your using your own mail server and not so concerned with bounces, then just Validate your list and extract the hard bounces yourself, unless you want to keep your IP's and Senderscore squeeky clean, then I'd suggest verifying as well.

I do this kind of stuff, so i can help you out if your interested.
    thanx
    Johnny

12. PushSend

PushSend VIP

your grammar sucks....I swear I don't know why I haven't banned you yet

13. location

location New Member

Thanks for the answers guys. The verification part, I take care of that to a certain extent. The scrubbing info is very helpful.

If we are to build a community we should refrain from hostility, otherwise newcomers will be afraid to post and the forum will slowly die. When I see a thread I don't like, I simply don't post in it.

14. PushSend

PushSend VIP

while my post wasn't directed at you....I take note now of your vagina and gladly put you on my "pussy to watch" list...location=between legs

15. location

location New Member

PushSend, I actually consider you a good guy based on your posts here and elsewhere. Not sure why you thought I was directing anything at you - I wasn't at all. If anything, it was directed at SG who felt the need to show how "elite" he is by berating a simple question, though the question was just calling for everyone to post their experiences with cleaning lists.

16. PushSend

PushSend VIP

ok....ty for clarification