Image Hosting

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by leroyisgod, Jun 10, 2011.

1. leroyisgod

leroyisgod VIP

Currently we send all of our email via 2 esp's and do the image hosting with them. The one is charging us approximately $3k/month and we send out over 300mi emails/mo with them. I wanted to ask everyone if they feel that cost is way too high or is it decent? And if it's too high, do you have good recommendations on where we should host at.

2. gspot

gspot VIP

YOU pay for image hosting? in my experience, all the esp's I've ever used didn't charge extra for image hosting.

3. Solarus

Solarus VIP

It would mostly depend on how many actual views on the images you get a month, but 3k / mo is massively high. You could easily do it for 1/10th the price on a standard dedi with unlimited bandwidth. The only issue is automation, but you can set things up even manually pretty easily.

4. Fun4uoc

Fun4uoc VIP

From the way he phrased the question, it sounds like that is what he is paying his ESP for doing the mailing, and also does the image hosting with them for that price.

5. Mike91TT

Mike91TT VIP

300 million for $3k a month with an ESP is a very good price. But what kind of ESP allows this on IPs they protect??

6. asiatiki

asiatiki VIP

$3000 a month to send 30MM emails is a price I'd pay to have the ESP manage deliverability for me... If it includes image hosting, then great!

1/10th of $3k is still too much to host images. I use MaxCDN to host my images. It's quite cheap ($39.95 a month for 1 terabyte of bandwidth) and, most importantly, it's a content delivery network, which means hyper fast image loading.

I use them for mailing and for PPV, where loading time is crucial.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011