Interspire good to start off?

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by wromero, Nov 5, 2011.

1. wromero

wromero New Member

How's it going guys, I've been reading and learning for a few months now and its time to take action in this world of emailing. I was at WF and while it's a very informative place, they dont seem to give those who are just starting much insight. I dont have $20k to get started but I can work my way up.

I found a reputable Interspire developer that has multiple add-ons for interspire such as the the ability to have multiple threads to increase sending speed, feedback loops, mta rotation, content rotation, and a few others that monitor domain and ips.

Since I have never set up a server(s) for mailing, I have found a very knowledgeable person that will set up postfix for me and will take video as hes doing it while explaining it to me.

Now in one day of reading here, i've learned a lot! I stayed up till 4am reading last night. I plan to learn and maybe contribute to others as I learn. Looking forward to grow with this community. :)

2. afc_pmc

afc_pmc New Member

postfix can definitely do the job but its a ton harder than it sounds, I know you said you have someone knowledgable but I've seen some awesome techs think they can do that with postfix and not be able to do it exactly how is needed. Postfix naturally doesn't like sending over many ips, and comes down to having to make you send it some fake header info that postfix has to be programmed to rewrite during delivery. I've tried this and got it to work, but it was still shakey, so I wrote a smtp wrapper instead (which is directly connecting through sockets instead of a program to do that for u). I will say though, this is very hard stuff for someone starting to do, usually becomes far more expensive to build something that is meant to be cheaper than a standard solution, but in the end the pre-built solution will be far cheaper and far more stable. So unless you're build software for the long term like I was, find a good platform that has some cheap starter packages. You have more learning to do than you even realize with just emailing, and the tech is not worth the trouble at this point for you. good luck.

3. wromero

wromero New Member

Yeah, I get what you're saying. What am I looking to spend for something like PMTA? I know that its expensive...is there a cheaper alternative?

4. jackal5671

jackal5671 New Member

Using IPtables works fine for rotating ips on a server.

5. afc_pmc

afc_pmc New Member

no pmta is not good for you, at all. They have a front end interface but seriously to start off, that's not where your money should be spent. There are lots of systems that use pmta, and have better front ends, and charge monthly instead of yearly like pmta does. My system isn't public yet, but I'd suggest to start kobeni is decent if you are GI mailing, not cheap tho. I think NYmailer has a similar system, never seen to it give you a review. Volo is pretty cheap, my company does some business with them, but they don't have any kind of smart sending (no offense to volo), but for the price its usually good. Deliveribility agent is a good option too, I've done a lot with them, but is usually for larger mailers, Damian is a good guy you might want to give him a quick chat, see what options he has for you. There are a few other people on here with platforms, SG is another but I think he doesn't have room for a new client at the moment.

All you guys I mentioned, feel free to chime in here, all of them except kobeni is on this forum. My opinions are just that, opinions, and I base them off some things I've seen and from talking to dozens of other mailers. Definitely at least have a chat with damian, he is a helpful guy to talk to, his name on the forum is DAgent, he can at least provide you pricing and info. But ya, don't even think about pmta at your level of experience, its price and tech knowledge required will be a total waste for you. If things take off, that's an option for the future, and who knows you might get a good thing going with these other platforms and never need to go to pmta.

Also a good person to have a convo with is PushSend, he has a ton of contacts and his own private label stuff, but he can also coach you, you are gonna waste money learning so finding a coach like him (or some others around here) might be a better use of that money, opposed to losing the same amount making mistakes. He really knows his shit, I can back his reputation, same as with Damian from DA. At this point, do some research, this info should be more than enough to keep you busy for a little while. And guys who post their services, lets try not to make this an advertisement thread, give your background and take it to private messages please.

6. afc_pmc

afc_pmc New Member

Jack, thanks for the tip and you are right. I was trying to do some other stuff with it too, like real voume per ip control that was changing mid broadcast, I couldn't seem to get exactly how I needed it from iptables, but if you have any examples of what specifically you are saying, I'm always looking to learn new things. Thanks!

7. wromero

wromero New Member

Thanks for all the great advice. Im already addicted to this place haha.

I will go ahead and contact some of the people you referred me to and see what would be some good options for me. Would love to head more insight from others as well.

8. Fun4uoc

Fun4uoc VIP

unseen, hit me up on skype on monday and we can chat.

9. wromero

wromero New Member

Sounds good Fun4uoc, I just added you. I'll hit you up on Monday.

10. asheen

asheen New Member

i ve got better interspire solutions with add ons like MTA.
    Skype Me: asheenrocks

11. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

The best solution is to stay away from Interspire.

12. VelocitySoftware

VelocitySoftware Member

Home Page:
    +1 Looks nice but looks are not everything. I remember checking out a couple years ago and could not handle large lists well at all, that was my general beef with most of these downloadable solutions was just list handling. There are better solutions out there or build your own.

13. DzenisVoloMP

DzenisVoloMP VIP

unseen,
    if you would like to know more about volo feel free to contact me.

14. jellyfish

jellyfish VIP

Friends don't let friends use interspire. If your on a budget use, a budget system thats built with support.

Just missed the onpoint special, but it is not 20k lol... Ironclad is affordable and looks capable.

The last thing you would want as a non technical person is a roll your own solution kind of platform...