It really sucks when...

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by postmaster, Sep 24, 2012.

1. postmaster

postmaster VIP

You grossly over-pay for an inferior mail system. Then when you try to make it work anyway, and find out the service is worse than the software.

Just venting, but a tell-all may soon follow.

Btw, is a half truth still a lie? I think so.

-Postmaster

2. quicknrandom

quicknrandom VIP

What system are you referring to?

3. arbydar

arbydar VIP

there are now 3 people asking for the tell-all - if that's any motivation :wink:

4. roundabout

roundabout VIP

All the ESP owners suddenly get concerned and think "Who is this postmaster fella, and is he the new guy who signed up with me last week?" lol

5. postmaster

postmaster VIP

Yeah, I think so. ^^^^

But to those wondering... I am reserving judgement for a bit longer to see if things change. No drama for now.

But I can sense a boil over soon... nobody wants to take responsibility and they act like I'm out of line to want what was promised... or even expect a response to real issues. How dare I?

Yep. It may be coming.

-Postmaster

6. roundabout

roundabout VIP

I may even have to re-review SG's platform again to get people posting - rofl.

7. roundabout

roundabout VIP

Hah! Don't even get me started sonny...

8. roundabout

roundabout VIP

I guess I "did" make it work since I made upwards of $1 a day, which, by your standards, is indeed "BALLIN".

And seeing that you were on the controls at the end, telling us "Leave it to me", I have to ask, "How the hell could SG not make it work, it's so damn easy"

9. roundabout

roundabout VIP

You were put into the pilot seat, man. You can twist this any which way you want, but at the end of the day, we said "this system is too slow, it's too ugly, and it's doing shit - take over the controls, show us what we're doing wrong".

And revenues shot up to $1.21 a day vs. $1.00 a day. LOL

Lack of attention and focus is indeed correct, I think our pilot was smoking weed the whole time actually...

10. arbydar

arbydar VIP

hey guys, settle down here. That's ancient history now. Let's move on.

Postmaster please give us a new drama thread, come on spill the beans :smile:

11. DAgent

DAgent Moderator

Home Page:
    He is talking about DA. Inferiorness is a word we just gifted to the email marketing community

12. postmaster

postmaster VIP

LOL You guys are desperate for some drama!

13. postmaster

postmaster VIP

Thanks for jumping in and making all kinds of assumptions. Go suck on DAs nuts some more.

Past performance does not guarantee future results.

14. postmaster

postmaster VIP

Actually no... I don't jump around.

I find it interesting you are all up in arms when I haven't said anything. You are obviously making 1 + 1 = 37. Just relax, and maybe you can get some truth. I'll see how things go...

Btw, I'm heart broken about taking the invite away. Will you reconsider pleeease?

15. postmaster

postmaster VIP

Yeah, probably. But I'm not a client of DA's either. Interesting huh?

16. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

What do you mean you cannot piss in the gas tank?! The car must be a lemon!

17. dinariccs

dinariccs New Member

Home Page:
    I think that's the last thing this forum needs!!! :fight:

18. dinariccs

dinariccs New Member

Home Page:
    I appreciate you think we're as awesome as Santa.

19. PushSend

PushSend VIP

While I enjoy watching Roundy and SG go back and forth I thought it was a good time to jump into the fray and make a few things clear for the group.

PSM has always been a white label platform reseller. From my time with SuperGenii to most recently DeliverabilityAgent...or DA. Interesting, huh Postmaster!? I don't think this has ever been a secret nor have I tried to make it one. I've been very fortunate to get great support from every platform I've resold. They haven't always worked out but that comes with the territory. What I have been able to do is help a lot of people along the way but there's always ONE fucking clown who thinks he's smarter than the technology he's using or that a platform should be 100% day in and day out bug/problem free. Please...nothing is like that. I've used close to 10 different solutions including ESPs and not ONE of them was perfect. The best you can hope for is that the owners of it jump on the problem and solve it. Everyone from SG to DA has done so. While never perfect, it's always been damn close.

So here we have postmaster claiming he "grossly overpaid for an inferior system" - let's break that down, shall we?

Going direct with DA is in the neighborhood of $3000 per month and as I know Damian very well, I know he asks for a 3 month commitment because HE KNOWS HIS PLATFORM. And the point of this time is for DA to learn the clients IP space. Adaptive delivery is serious technology and it takes - here it comes postmaster - TIME. So I charged postmaster $5000 for the platform for 2 months AND 10MM Yahoo deliverable records. This data delivers for me in the 93-95% range today.

Someone who buys data please do the math for me here, what would the normal cost of DA plus 10MM Yahoo deliverables come out to be?

Now let's address the 'inferior system' part of this clowns post.

Since day one you have done nothing but ignore every single piece of advice or information regarding the platform and how to utilize it to its full capacity. So how in thee FUCK would you know what it can do? When it backs off your ranges so it won't cook your IPs you come crying that it isn't sending. When you're told it "should" get out 250k per day per c class you promptly queue up 10MM records (again, against advice) and the next day come bitching that you lied to me!! Can you do math? You have 8 c classes and @ 250k per C how many MM would that be per day?

You keep telling me "I'm no noob" but to be honest you go in a fuck things up worse than any noob I've worked with. SG ironically hit it right on the head with his car analogy. You've been trying to piss in the tank since you got started. Granted, we got off to a very shaky start but let's make sure to tell these good people what I and Damian have tried to do for you since then.

I told you I would not charge you again. I thought it was more important that you got the system working before we talked about a monthly recurring fee. Damian has asked to take point with you and wanted to take a more hands on approach with you and your mailing to ensure you succeeded because I'm been talking to him daily about you and the challenges you bump into. But that's not good enough for you is it?

It's almost too bad that SG wouldn't take you as a client. Frankly, as I read this thread and saw his post I of course knew that you certainly wouldn't fit the bill of what he considers to be a SG client. I could tell you about how successful I was with his platform mailing into domains like Yahoo and AOL and how SG jumped at every opportunity to add a new feature or control for me as I mailed. But that wouldn't be good enough for you either. Plus, his platform (much like DA is) is a 'set it and forget it' style of mail but with you, you want to get in and tinker with shit. Plus SG really suggests you bring in a /25 and as you have 8 C classes you again don't fit the SG mold.

Damian would do whatever he could for you to help you improve your performance but you refuse help because "you're not a noob" - good luck with that. Not a mailer in here doesn't learn something every day. You're still trying to do the spammy shit you pulled back in the 90's when you started mailing and can't seem to grasp the fact that Yahoo today isn't the same as it was "back in the glory days" as you put it.

It's fuckin guys like you that have helped me get out of the business of reselling platforms. Something that I can tell you is disappointing to several members here that have asked me to help them mail. Quite honestly, I'm glad though. I'm back doing what I love doing and that's mailing for myself every day and learning new tricks. I've entered into a JV with a co. developing a killer PMTA front end and when it gets released will be the best PMTA solution available IMO. So I'm enjoying my days more thanks to you. And making more money, so for that I have to thank postmaster.

But I can tell you this: working with guys like postmaster take every bit of fun out of the daily grind of emailing.

Remember postmaster, you STILL aren't paying for this platform until you get it to work the way you want. Unfortunately I don't think you'll ever get there because you're too hard headed to learn or take advice. You STILL have 10MM Yahoo records at your disposal that I told you you can sell if you like. While I only uploaded 3 fields I have all opt in and would GLADLY give that to you.

So do your best to tell the forum how we lied to you and you got fucked. Everyone here - even SG - will quickly see through your winey baby bullshit and all you'll end up doing is alienating yourself from a great bunch of mailers who in any other situation would've helped you out.

Good luck.

20. Fun4uoc

Fun4uoc VIP