MailerForum under new management

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by maileradmin, Dec 9, 2015.

1. maileradmin

maileradmin Mailer Forum Staff Member

MailerForum is now under new management. We are excited to be able to work on this forum and grow the community. We ourselves have been involved in email marketing for some time and look forward to sharing our insights and growing the knowledge base.

Already have completed a couple updates to the forum. Including: fixed a couple issues on profile view not appearing correctly, setup weekly topic notification summary of popular topics, updated the forum software to the latest version. Hired a developer to make some theme changes, addons to customize this forum to our needs.

Have many goals including: organizing the forum sections, new content/articles/reserarch, using the resource section for downloads, tools area for common email/dns related lookups, more information on various esps, latest news in regards to email marketing new things/outages etc.

Will begin promoting the community after the start of the new year once we have some of our major updates in place.

Lets us know if there is anything that you want to see added/changed or fixed and we will look into it.

Thanks

2. damian

damian Active Member

it would take a miracle to bring back this forum...it used to have a lot of good content until someone either deleted it or moved it to a private forum.

I have an entire bookmark that has links to some pretty awesome threads and now none of those links work.

For example:
    "http://www.mailerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?2484-PowerMTA-Configuration-Tips&highlight=pmta"

redirects to the home page of this forum. Not saying that particular thread was good (maybe it was i cant remember) but just making it a point that all these good threads vanished.

no wonder there are no more ads on this forum lol why bother advertising. This forum used to be so live with ads from tons of networks and mailing platforms. but i guess with all the good content gone, the traffic dropped now people dont care to advertise on here anymore which is PERFECTLY understandable, reasonable, and logical

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  3. damian

damian Active Member

here is an image of one of my folders (i think i have more in a thumb drive somehwhere because the list was A LOT bigger)...none of these links work...Here is a tip that is pretty logical and every webmaster should know but for a site to be good and get decent traffic it needs good content so people will come back. Like a blog or news/review site.

This forum used to have good "content". Then someone wiped it out...and as expected the site turned to shit and 90% left and no one really comes back except for a few that are probably just reminiscent of the good ole days ...just my 2 cents
    [​IMG]

4. maileradmin

I searched for powermta topic with that title and couldn't find that exact one might have been renamed though.

Also did check a couple of the bookmarks and those topics still exist and i think nearly all of those are in public forums found via the search system.
    Note though those bookmarks where from when the site was on vBulletin /forum/ now with xenforo they are located at /xf/

There is a lot more information about 8,000 posts in the private boards which I will look into and see if any of that can or should be made public. Or if going to restore the penthouse approval process to verify mailers that have access to that information.

I do agree it will be uphill task to get the members back but up for the the challenge.

5. rpliving

rpliving VIP

I'm still here

6. maileradmin

Glad to see you are here as well. I have new addon installing shortly for posting to make it more interactive.

7. damian

damian Active Member

I wish you luck man I miss the old MF.

EDIT: nvm i put the wrong xf. i did find some with the search but still a lot of missing from like 2011-2012. Well maybe not missing but just moved to a private forum.

Also I know some content is missing in threads which is pretty weird. Mostly posts made by SuperGenii. A lot of old threads where he was helping members with stuff like tunneling or just offering solid advice was removed. You can tell by just looking at the threads where people are quoting him but the quotes are empty.

But I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm getting at.

80/20 bro, 80/20. back when the forum was with the original owner(2010ish-2013ish) it had good content in plain sight & forum owner seemed to have been making money with all the ads and publicity on the forum from networks + mailing platforms. I remember at one point seeing about 6-10 ads in 320X250 boxes, top banner ads, contextual ads in the threads themselves. Seem to be pretty live. But once it was sold to the now previous owner I guess he took down a lot of the threads and i think he started charging for access to certain forums. look how well that turned out lol.

But hey its your forum now..you can charge a million bucks for whats left in this thread if you so please :p

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. maileradmin

Well forum posts can be removed by the poster currently I could remove that option.
    I have some good content saved up for some ebooks that I was going to do on email marketing.
    Part of the issue is there are good posts but sometimes they are hard to find so they either need to be organized into an article section/guide section or something of that nature.

9. swank

swank Member

Glad to hear the forum is under new management! I very much look forward to seeing these changes in due time.

Is there new Administrators and Moderators?

10. maileradmin

Admins and mods will look into as needed. Hopefully won't need much moderation. I prefer to focus on content creation.
    Just installed a cool new post rating system.

11. SuperGenii

SuperGenii www.DataMCP.com

I removed my posts because I did not approve of the past ownership.

SG

12. damian

damian Active Member

I see. Well hopefully we can get MF back to how it was like in 2011-2012. I always appreciated and looked forward to your helpful & knowledgeable posts :)

your back & forth with people like Pushsend & Roundabout was also pretty entertaining xD

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. swank

swank Member

I think it would be a good idea to setup a bookmark section so users could bookmark their favorite threads. Also possibly a groups section.

14. maileradmin

Done just added will explain it on the other thread

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

Congrats on the acquisition!

16. Deliver

Deliver New Member

Looking forward to the changes, and being a part of building this forum back up to what it once was.

17. mike44

mike44 VIP

Fingers crossed that the new leadership will help this bounce back.

18. rwnutra

rwnutra VIP

looking forward to some relevant posts again...

19. PepeLePew

PepeLePew VIP

Let see what it becomes.
    Content is key!

20. swank

swank Member

Was the tagging feature on threads already available? I like it, handy.