mainstream ESPs that inbox yahoo?

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by debase, Mar 26, 2012.

1. debase

debase VIP

Looking for a mainstream ESP to handle simple opt-in traffic, can manage multiple lists, etc. But must be able to actually inbox at yahoo, aol, etc.

Have tried aweber, streamsend, inbox25, pinpointe, 1shoppingcart, verticalresponse, jangomail. So far pinpointe inboxes, but has lousy terms. 1shoppingcart doesn't allow multiple lists from what I can tell.

Any other suggestions?

2. roundabout

roundabout VIP

Are you mailing 3rd party offers? I think what you need to be asking is "Which ESPs allow 3rd party AND inbox Yahoo" :13:

3. debase

debase VIP

Actually just mailing newsletters with an occasional display ad. So, 3rd party ads are always nice but more concerned about deliverability right now.

4. afc_pmc

afc_pmc New Member

If you're able to avoid the issues of 3rd party offers, and are generating the data yourself the way you say, you are open to much better options that most of us don't have. Icontact is great for delivery overall, I don't know about specific ISPs but I'm sure they are good. Reach mail and a few others are also good, these are ones tho that have strict complaint ratios and don't allow much 3rd party stuff (by much I mean you can slip some in but the more complaints u get, the more they will watch and notice).

Basically ESP's that don't allow 3rd party and most of their customers are like non profits and companies like yourself that are sending their own newsletter, have much better delivery. This is because their customers actually build ip rep for them instead of burning their ips, the more mailer friendly ESPs get burned a lot by high complaints and hence are always warming up new ips (which is not good delivery in volume) or you're using the same ips that are getting blocked / blacklisted / etc and your delivery suffers from this.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2012
  5. nickphx

nickphx VIP

If your data is opt-in and the recipients know your name/brand you could easily build IP reputation on your own.. Why pay some ESP's CPM?

6. mx10

mx10 VIP

the dream is always getting an ip from an esp that is already whitelisted or some kind of magic ip that inboxes for whatever other reason, even though thats almost never the case and you just 1 random virgin ip to sink or swim with for a fee

7. afc_pmc

afc_pmc New Member

I agree with both of you, especially it being better to build your own rep, but I assumed that he didn't want to go that route since he was looking for an esp. For some people the esp is just easier than managing a server / domains / fbls etc, I guess it depends on his level of mailing knowledge and the costs / work involved in doing it on his own. Also the volume and frequency of the newsletter matters in deciding what's the best way to go about it in my opinion.

8. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

What kind of display ads? Are these ads promoting CPA offers or something entirely different?

9. roundabout

roundabout VIP

Reminder that there exists:

http://espinator.com/

Which guides you through the entire process. Signing up for this as well will get a customer rep to give you a call
    and your own "ESP broker" who will try to find you placement.

10. mx10

mx10 VIP

reminder?!

who the hell ever heard of that!

awesome find

11. CyVEX

CyVEX New Member

Haha I'm glad you said that man I was thinking the same thing!! :rofl:

12. debase

debase VIP

Thanks, will check out reachmail. I looked at iContact but they don't offer the ability to have multiple lists/properties, so that's out. The espinator is quite interesting, but the service providers they work with might be a few levels beyond what I'm looking for.

And yes, you can debate the merits of utilizing your own IP space or that of an ESP. But for this project an ESP would be preferable.

13. jellyfish

jellyfish VIP

icontact offers the ability to have multiple lists... I would really look into them. Keep in mind though that at the end of the day long term deliverability is decided on the rep of YOUR list and YOUR from address/ip, and YOUR content. The quality of the ips or esp's rep can only help to influence one way or the other.

14. roundabout

roundabout VIP

15. PushSend

PushSend VIP

awe shit! Roundy's bustin' out MF thread links!! lol

16. debase

debase VIP

Thanks - You were right, I missed that option with icontact. Looks like they are the winner in terms of deliverability thus far.