Mobile email marketing better than APPs?

Discussion in 'In The News' started by gspot, Jul 26, 2011.

1. gspot

gspot VIP

Media planning agencies looking to develop their mobile digital marketing strategies should concentrate on direct email campaigns, research has suggested.

Email was found by ExactTarget to be the most powerful form of mobile marketing for driving online shopping among US smartphone owners.

More than half of owners who made a purchase using their phone claim to have done so after receiving a mobile marketing email.

This compares to 19 per cent who have bought something from an app store.

Online direct marketing emails could have the potential to entice customers to make more payments on the go, as well as from their home PCs or laptops.

The number of people making payments via mobile phones has been predicted to increase worldwide by 38.2 per cent from 2010 to the end of 2011, according to Gartner.

Mobile payments volumes have been forecasted to grow 75.9 per cent from 2010 volumes to reach a total of $48.9 billion (£29.8 billion).

http://www.equimedia.co.uk/index.php?id=98&article=800634385

2. JQuirky

JQuirky VIP

Good Info, i guess i should consider another revenue source with Mobile, except i dont know shit about it. Lol
    Off to another thread to learn.......

3. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

While I am a died-in-the-wool supporter of email I find most of these so-called "studies" published by vendors absolutely worthless.

4. gspot

gspot VIP

Yes, I don't disagree with you but it would also be naive to think that mobile isn't the wave of the future. Smart phones are defiantly starting to dominate and given the right business model coupled with social media and QR codes, you can have a WINNING marketing campaign. Granted not sure this would work well on 3rd party...but who knows only way to find out for sure is to test

5. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

I did not say mobile is not the way of the future, I said this "study" is worthless. What is accurate / actionable here? Nothing!

6. gspot

gspot VIP

YES, you are absolutely CORRECT