Most Expeditious Ways to Get Along with Cloudmark, Spamhaus, etc

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by Mace, May 29, 2014.

1. Mace

Mace New Member

Obviously, the complications of conforming to the various anti-spam mechanisms are things all of us in the mailing business have to deal with, and I'm asking for feedback.

I have cleaned our data to the best of our ability, and we operate in accordance w/ opt-in customers only, staying on top of email hygiene and using smart mailing practices like using DKIM; and I will be implementing feedback loops (will check out http://www.mailerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?3685-(Links)-Email-Feedback-Loop-Links-FBL) soon, but FIRST....

...first I need to figure out to reset all the bans I've incurred while running with dirty data. Different IPs and domains have been blacklisted by different services. Spamhaus has a fairly reasonable method to request SBL and DBL removal, not that I've ever noticed it has worked beyond the 3-day reset. Reoccurs on occasion, though. Then there's CloudMark, and I'm not sure exactly what might be keeping my emails from reaching customers. I've been getting a lot of 554 5.7.1 SMTP codes.

Are there any tools or "cheat sheets" you might direct me to, that I may not already have?

Appreciate the feedback.

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  2. nickphx

nickphx VIP

lol

I've never seen someone contradict what they've said in the same post. Good work sir.

3. roundabout

roundabout VIP

[​IMG]

4. Mace

Mace New Member

lol -- I *was* running w/ dirty data, before I learned how to and applied/paid for the fixes.

5. nickphx

nickphx VIP

paid for the fixes?

6. Mace

Mace New Member

I'm talking about a data cleaning service.

7. nickphx

nickphx VIP

The ips and domains you used to 'clean' your 'double optin' data are no longer viable. With the exception of waiting several months, nothing will return them to their 'pre-double-optin' mailing reputation.

8. Mace

Mace New Member

I thought that might be the case; and have already come to terms with a few days of reassigning domains and IPs. Thanks.

9. nickphx

nickphx VIP

If you're planning on mailing GI and it takes you a few days to reassign domains and IPs , you might as well surrender now.

10. Mace

Mace New Member

Well, it's not the only thing on my plate and I'm operating within my means. There are 40 or so clients I'm mailing for, and the software I'm working with, while custom, was built for power and not for ease of use. I wonder if I should go through all that ARIN stuff if I plan on going back to the old IPs and domains after a few months?