NameCheap Domain Name Issue

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by PacificMailer, Oct 29, 2012.

1. PacificMailer

PacificMailer New Member

Hi All,

I've been buying domains through NameCheap with no issues until recently. The past two times, I bought 10 domains each time and both times the domains were immediately listed on Spamhaus. I thought it was just the domains I was buying but before purchasing I checked and non were listed. Not sure the deal is here, anyone have a clue?

2. nickphx

nickphx VIP

same whois info or nameservers?

3. PacificMailer

PacificMailer New Member

Well I have my API linked to namecheap. I was thinking they are using that and auto blacklisting based on that connection

4. postmaster

postmaster VIP

Eliminate all connections to previous listings. Whois info, DNS, IPs.

Spamhaus are dirty assholes and will haunt you unless you take precautions. You need to get your data cleaned, then start fresh with new domains, ips, etc. Leave no trail behind.

5. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

What he said. Let us know what you changed and whether that stopped the listings.

6. nickphx

nickphx VIP

Yeah.. We recently had the same problem, domains ending up on the DBL before a single mail was pooped out. We ended up not configuring the domain's A records until minutes before a mail.

7. noobking

noobking Member

one good solution is to use other registrars temporarily.

I use internet.bs for a long time and no issue here

8. CyVEX

CyVEX New Member

Did that seem to do the trick Nick? or were you still seeing them after your drop?

9. nickphx

nickphx VIP

I still get a DBL after mailing, but that's a trap problem. It did resolve the problem of the domains being DBLd before mailing.

10. attrition

attrition New Member

This may sound dumb but try changing address/name if legally possible.

11. PacificMailer

PacificMailer New Member

I am setting them up manually now right before I mail as suggested, however they are not showing my default page. They are instead showing the namecheap default page. I used the nameserver option to link it to my first and second IP's (ns1 and ns2) but still no dice. Not sure what the hell is going on, does it have to do with domain A records? Still fairly new so forgive me for my ignorance regarding domain a records.

12. PacificMailer

PacificMailer New Member

So I have yet to clean my data. I heard about using IW and another but want to make sure I am not over paying my first time. Any suggestions on what I should be expecting on pricing?

13. nickphx

nickphx VIP

Oh, so you're using the same nameservers for every domain? If so, I would change that.. As for maintaining domain records manually.. Man you're crazy. The namecheap API is so simple.

We've been using the namecheap api to register domains, using namecheap's nameservers. Before we mail we add A records to point to the IPs we're using for hosting.

If you're updating the nameservers on the domains, that may take longer to propagate. You could also have stale cache causing the problem you're talking abut. I would use namecheap's nameservers and set A records instead of changing the nameservers before mailing.

If you need something to update your domains via the namecheap API, I can probably help you out. I would be able to modify this simple web based gui I put together for you.. I know namecheap requires like $100 credit and for your to apply for API access. Other than that it's pretty simple.