need help setting up own server and adding extra features etc(how?)

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by massMailer, Apr 6, 2016.

1. massMailer

massMailer Member

Hi guys,

After some time i have decent exp in mailing and instead of being a lazy ass over and over again i thought of doing this seriously.

So i am having and idea that instead of buying IEM servers every month and mailing it senselessly without following proper steps for building ip rep etc, i am thinking of having full control over my server, having proper email setup, where I can mail with proper discipline (clickers first then openers then slowing increase the volume) etc.
    Actually i know these strategies read it from here and from my frnd but i was too lazy to implement them, i used to just email my list without segmenting any data...

So far i have just bought new servers every month. How long does your server last on avg? 2-3 months? More?

Also is there any addon for IEM where we can see our ip and domain rep inside the platform itself, sending volume per ip etc. Can we pull those stats from sendscore?

So bottom line is when you guys went on our own(own servers everything under ur control) what is this cost i am looking at for this?
    I am looking to strt at 500k-1M a day, how much it might cost me. Software is IEM(just for now,i know its not great but a mans gotta strt lol)

My post may seem a little weird mostly because ny english is fuckall and i am very bad at explaining things lol so sorry for that.

Any help is appreciated :)

2. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

I asked a similar question a few years ago here in the forum... Not how long the server lasts, but how long IPs last mailing GI. Mailing big 4, IPs can last many months or longer (going on 6 months with some now).

Mailing GI, the IPs can get torched pretty quick (first day if your data is bad). And while you may not lose the server, your IPs may be so bad you're delivering 10% of what you try to send. Some hosts that don't care might leave you up for 6 months with trashed IPs, but it may not be worth your while.

If your IPs and MTA are on the same server...yep, you're going to lose servers if/when your IPs get blacklisted (unless you have a tolerant host that will swap the IPs). You should look at tunneling your IPs from the IP servers to your MTA server so if you lose the IP server, your hard work of setting up the MTA server is not lost. Not sure how that works for IEM as I've never used it, but could save you some effort if you figure it out. I had an old MTA that was doing something like tunneling and it made all the difference. Over the past few months I've worked on getting tunneling working on a different MTA and have to say it is nice not blowing the MTA server when the IP server is lost.

3. DoldGigga

DoldGigga VIP

Successful delivery today is going to require a very well thought-out automated rule set for your mailing program. The IPs can last for a long time if you do it right, or not even last one drop if you do it wrong. Not going to talk specifics in an open forum trolled by the anti-communication nazis, though.

4. massMailer

massMailer Member

thanks a ton for the insight :)

what if I use GI openers to warm up and then later on mail TLD too on the same server?

I was thinking of keeping seperate servers for GI and TLD but I have hq GI data but its less so i use it to warm up and then mail my other data from same server... gotta stop doing this now!

so what cost am I looking at?? 1k/mn at first??

5. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

AOL doesn't care if you warm up IPs for any other domain. They care about how you warm up to them. Same generally for any of the big domains and cables.

As for GI, unless you are hitting one domain with a lot of records, you don't really ever warm up the IPs for GI. In fact they only burn up, not warm up.

Do a quick search for warm up here and you'll see a few different ideas other mailers have suggested for warming up for different domains.

6. massMailer

massMailer Member

Oh I see

thanx again!!

7. richelo

richelo New Member

Best possible route if you can afford to go that way ...

At least 1 Server for GI Clickers
    At least 1 Server for GI Openers
    At least 1 Server for GI Non-Openers
    At least 1 Server for Cable Clickers
    At least 1 Server for Cable Openers
    At least 1 Server for Cable Non-Openers
    At least 1 Server for TLD Clickers
    At least 1 Server for TLD Openers
    At least 1 Server for TLD Non-Openers

Of course, you need to move from non-opener server to openers server or to clickers server.

This is all assuming GOOD data and GOOD creatives.

Anti-Spam organizations are getting tougher and tougher by the day, and I believe they will get even tougher than they already are.

You also need to enable TLS sending for any and all ISP's which accept TLS, especially Gmail.

8. Tsd-Bulk

Tsd-Bulk Member

There are some pretty usefull addons fr IEM that allows you to send from multiple mta's (you have only one IEM interface, but the IEM sends trough 4-5 vpsservers ) Also the plugin that allows you to see the volume sent and reputation exists

upload_2016-4-10_18-13-52.png

Attached Files: