Network keeps mailing me, no unsub, recourse?

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by Emaginem, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Emaginem

Emaginem VIP

Tried multiple replies to this asshat to stop, doesn't seem to be working, no unsub, is there some simple procedure for a $500 judgement or something like when telemarketing companies slam ur phone? Anyone?

2. roundabout

roundabout VIP

Out them please!

3. hanovermedia

hanovermedia Member

get gmail and push the spam button and you won't see it again. also bitch about it here so we can make fun of them or call them something childish like "asshats"

4. nickphx

nickphx VIP

Hit the link and find what network's he's running traffic through.. See if you know anyone at those networks?

5. Emaginem

Emaginem VIP

Yeah, apparently its through salesforce somehow, from the headers. pm me for the name/network if you'd really like it, don't want drama by posting it publicly. he's using url shorteners and no unsub, which is why its pretty annoying

6. nickphx

nickphx VIP

I don't see how posting about a non-compliant 'affiliate' on a forum would cause drama. I would assume most networks would not want to publicly endorse activities by their affiliates that violate U.S. Federal laws.

7. hanovermedia

hanovermedia Member

Interesting that salesforce doesn't have unsubs in its emai. I know someone who uses it with jigsaw (data.com or whatever they call it now) . It's super effective for getting a hold of people whose contact info you don't have .

8. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

I get quite a bit of salesforce mailings from networks and many of them look like a "possibly fake personal email". It would address me by person, read as something that could be composed to me as personal message, yet then I look at headers and see salesforce.

It is an interesting grey area actually, whether such email even counts as bulk under the law.