New Issue

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by rich0001, Jul 18, 2013.

1. rich0001

rich0001 VIP

Warming up IP's - AOL - /21 was able to inbox 50k of a particular offer.

Now AOL won't accept a msg with 3 images on my /21.

I can send same msg OK on a different range IP.

Is this just a backoff for a day or two or more of a problem?

Thanx.

2. DaMadHatter

DaMadHatter Active Member

It's hard to say without additional information. A few things that come to mind are...

1. We would need to know how fast you're warming up?
    2. Are you pushing to only opener/clicker file on warm up?
    3. What sort of offers are you peddling on your warm up?
    4. Are these ADK integrated?

Those are just a few things that come to mind. If you're pushing your new ranges hard, that could be part of the problem. I have also noticed some weird stuff on recent ranges and warm ups, but it goes away in a day for the most part. I would recommend that you just make sure you push highly clicking offers, and to a clean list during warm up period to be safe. Some of things you can control, other stuff you can't.

:driver:

3. rich0001

rich0001 VIP

Yes openers - clickers. Was only sending 10 per ip. 3rd day.

Not a great response - 150 clicks / 50,000?

Errors timeouts 421 4.4.2 mtain-dc04.r1000.mx.aol.com Error: timeout exceeded;;;

Thx.

4. blackfin

blackfin VIP

5. PushSend

PushSend VIP

great link posted by blackfin - which will (or should) clarify this response code from AOL very clearly. This is a "soft bounce" response that you're getting and will even a few weeks into "warming" up your IPs. I personally mail AOL - almost 95% of my current operation - and when I get this response for what I consider "too long" I simply kill the drop and do 1 of 2 things: 1. load up another data set to see if it happens to that data as well or 2. drop a highly deliverable file of DIFFERENT DATA. No sense in letting your IPs sit idle and in my experience, a few hours (or a day) of dropping Yahoo or something else actually helps your AOL rep and when you come back to your AOL o/c sets you'll find AOL more than happy to take your mail. The other thing to consider is how many times you're retrying before you move on. I'm seeing 3 retries as a great number.

I take a little extra caution with this because even though I get T1'd which is no big deal, I don't want to let these accumulate too much and wake up to a blocked range. Call it paranoia or just overly cautious, but my IPs are pristine and inbox AOL very nicely and I don't care to fuck that up.

6. rich0001

rich0001 VIP

Thx for info.