Onshore vs. Offshore

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by KillahBee, Jun 14, 2011.

1. KillahBee

KillahBee New Member

I know this question probably gets asked often and probably got talked about to death on WF. Whenever I asked people about this I have gotten mixed results. If you put reputation of the people that answered into consideration it more votes got for onshore definitley.

Currently I am mailing from an offshore provider who I know is pretty leanient when it comes to complaints. And I am kind of mailing accordingly. Hell you could say I am cleaning my data there. Legit data but real bad and old.

Starting out on that host I tried the reputation route though and got mixed results. Not all bad though.

The reason I stated how I do it currently is because I wanted to point out the obvious advantage of this particular host having halfway decent IP ranges and being very mail friendly and that is an understatement.

Am I likely to find something similar as an onshore US host with decent ranges?

Is it really proven that offshore host and I am not talking about known spam hosts really have a thougher time inboxing and if so what does that mean in particular (lower rate throtteling, lower complaint ration allowed, slower warming)?

Thx

2. DaMadHatter

DaMadHatter Active Member

Offshore/bullet proof or whatever it's called seems to be more G.I. and new mailer specific. Although, if you are pushing major volumes I suppose that would make sense as well. I think it really comes down to the quality of your lists, and what you are trying to accomplish.
    :hmmmm:

3. Mike91TT

Mike91TT VIP

As MadHatter said, I would only consider offshore for GI. I've used offshore hosts for GI and never had any problem with delivery. However I've also had LOTS of trouble even junk boxing TLDs with offshore hosts. So I think most would agree but I'm sure you'll get some other answers here.

4. KillahBee

KillahBee New Member

Thanks REP given it is very good to know that offshore hosting is a viable way to do it for GI since it seems really easy to find hosts that don't care about complaints too much while at the same time haveing good ranges.

Now when you refer to GI in this particular case. Are broadbands included?

5. Mike91TT

Mike91TT VIP

True GI does NOT include broadbands. It shouldn't. Broadbands are an entirely different beast. You probably run into similar issues as TLDs if you're going to run into problems.

6. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

I believe any offshore server bulk-mailing US would be automatically subject to more filtering, not to mention extra latency.