Pyzor Listings?

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by mailman23, May 29, 2015.

1. mailman23

mailman23 New Member

I'm on a shared IP ESP, and when I checked my domains in mail-tester it looks like every single domain I have used with this ESP (different accounts) is now listed in Pyzor. I have never had this listing before, used to get Razor listings after a while but not Pyzor. Is there anything I can do to get off? Does it actually have an effect on delivery? Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks

2. PushSend

PushSend VIP

Pyzor is a collaborative, networked system to detect and block spam using digests of messages. It uses a fuzzy checksum technique to identify message bodies based on signatures submitted by users, or inferred by other techniques such as high-confidence Bayesian or DNSBL entries.

Pyzor initially started out to be merely a Python implementation of Razor, but due to the protocol and the fact that Razor's server is not Open Source or software libre, Frank Tobin decided to implement Pyzor with a new protocol and release the entire system as Open Source and software libre.

Listed in Pyzor (http://pyzor.sf.net/) PYZOR_CHECK 0 1.985 0 1.392

Looking at how many points you pick up I'd say it most definitely has, or will have, an effect on delivery. As far as getting rid of it try the same thing you did to get rid of Razor listings, or, by the description above switch up the body of your emails more frequently.

3. mailman23

mailman23 New Member

Thanks for this.

Very strange because all content is unique and i have only sent out a couple of offers (so far more content than offers). All don't on auto responders very low volume. AND all content is unique. I have a couple of things I am going to test and will let you guys know how it goes.

Just out of interest - if the ESP's own tracking domain was blacklisted (and is also in many of my emails), could that be the link that is causing this? It's just a theory but thought it might be worth testing out.

4. nickphx

nickphx VIP

Something about the content is not unique and has been flagged by pyzor users as spam. If the ESP is using their domains for tracking links and you can't control that.. Why not complain to the ESP?

5. PushSend

PushSend VIP

Are you saying that all of your content in every email is unique? As in, each email has it's very own unique content. Or are you saying it's just unique content, then I would ask "unique to who?" You? Because looking at this rule which uses the same technique as Beyesian, if the body has been scanned in any way then this rule along with Beyes is going to get triggered. If you're going to try something regarding the content of your body, try spinning portions of the content, that's assuming your ESP has any 'magic tags' that would allow for content spinning. Also seeing as it uses DNSBL, any domain listed there will trigger it, so ya...get on them for their domain.

6. mailman23

mailman23 New Member

I create each newsletter unique. Write the content myself. So it's definitely an unique as it can be lol. Also I have complained to the ESP and just found a thread in warrior with lots of people saying they are having high bounce rates. They even had a rep in the thread saying they are working on the issue. I am about to test a new from with a new link and disable the ESP link tracking. Hoping that might do it. Will report back with what I find. Thanks guys for your help, I have been going through the emails as much as possible and the only thing that I think these emails have in common is the ESP tracking domain.

7. mailman23

mailman23 New Member

Strangest thing - I checked my domains again today and the Pyzor listing is gone. No idea how it happened.

8. BigEricBug

BigEricBug VIP

The heard you were talking with PushSend on this and dropped the listings in fear!! ;)

9. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

I dont think I have ever had a Pyzor listing ever.... News to me

10. mailman23

mailman23 New Member

It was the first time I saw it too