Rampant SBLCSS

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by dalhaze, Dec 16, 2014.

1. dalhaze

dalhaze New Member

I've been getting SBLCSS's lately (as of a week ago) and haven't been able to get rid of them, i'm getting them on every drop and every domain. MY data has been cleaned with IW, and this same data set was not getting SBLCSS before, only DBL.

I heard through the grapevine that there been a bit of a flare up with haus and the SBLs lately.

Has anyone else been experiencing this too?

2. damian

damian Active Member

youre giving off the impression of a snowshoe spam operation somehow..

try changing the way you deliver, or at a slower pace.

3. dalhaze

dalhaze New Member

I really don't think what I am doing currently is what most people consider snowshoeing, as I'm only using IP in my ranges each day (perhaps that's seen as snowshoeing). Maybe I need a different address in the footer of each email or whois directory for each range. Though that seems more extensive than has been previously necessary.

However, I have been told from reliable source that CSS has been way up in the last week and a half or so... (for GI mailers)

This has all been recent, and I'm mostly just worried i'll risk turning it into a full blown SBL -- Any idea how bad CSS needs to get before an SBL is a risk? Lately I've been leaving the IPs untouched after they hit CSS, and rarely go back to those IPs, however I use IPs in the same range. And they CSS in less than an hour of dropping on clean refined data.

All in all I don't mind a CSS, I'm just trying to avoid SBL at all costs. Anybody noticed what it takes for a CSS to go SBL?

4. aklayman

aklayman VIP

Sorry, I can't say what it takes for a CSS to go SBL, what I saw was that when you start getting lots of ips from the same range into the CSS and the neighbouring networks have the same problem they became an SBL.
    The thing I do to avoid this is:

1-Stop sending from that network as a whole
    2-Wait for the ip to be delisted
    3-Turn on yahoo and aol
    4-Avoid Hotmail and Gmail

The last time I got into trouble with CSS as soon as I sent one email to gmail I got blocked again, I had to wait more than a month for that behaviour to stop.
    After that I resumed sending as usual.

Hope this helps

5. flamon18

flamon18 Member

Dalhaze, I have been experiencing the same issue as of late including SURBLs. I think its due to using ranges with neighboring mailers coupled with DNS hosting. Haven't yet been able to resolve the issue on my end yet; but still working on it. I tried VPS and I am still getting the same issue, although it does takes a little longer for them to get CSS'd; but nonetheless they share the same fate. I'll keep the forum posted with when this is finally resolved.