Recommendations or Tips for self-designed landing pages

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by aadner, Jun 27, 2014.

1. aadner

aadner New Member

Up until now we were not using landing pages. I have volunteered for that task. This leads to my question:

If you are designing your own e-mail graphics/text/creatives, what would be in our best interest to include in the landing page?

For a little background, our mailings range from simple company advertisement and offers and/or coupons on a weekly basis. Would a landing page with a twitter and facebook feed with an opt out suffice or should we change the page to reflect the current mailing?

I'm hoping for some experienced mailers to flame my post about improper thinking or best approach in designing these.

Thanks in advance! ;)

2. rdy2rock

rdy2rock New Member

The landing page has to reflect whatever it is you are promoting in the email. If your landing page does not reflect what is being promoted in the email then I don't see what the point of sending the mail was at all.

3. aadner

aadner New Member

Thanks rdy, i get that part (i think, I am pretty dense sometimes), but to elaborate let's say the content is for company A that sales dog poop scoops. Since the e-mail revolves from one week being a coupon on the scoops and the next week its about promoting their fantastic foul-oder facemasks, would a landing page be acceptable that just listed some information about the company such as twitter and facebook feeds and maybe a couple product plugs that weren't included in their company web-site?

Hope that made sense,