Rook Media

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by MailGroot524, Jul 29, 2015.

1. MailGroot524

MailGroot524 New Member

Hi Everyone,

I am running with this new network and I am noticing huge discrepancies between the number of clicks shown in my email platform and Rook's platform.

Wanted to reach out and see if anyone has had similar experiences. Network claims I am the first client to experience such dramatic losses. Thought I would post a thread here and get other opinions.

What is your thoughts?

2. MailGroot524

MailGroot524 New Member

Have any of you heard of Rook

3. nickphx

nickphx VIP

1. Networks lie.
    2. Networks shave.
    3. If network claims they don't shave, see #1.

4. MailGroot524

MailGroot524 New Member

Been driving traffic to a few parked domains I have on there system for almost a 2 weeks now.

I have about 8k clicks registered in my platform. As oppose to Rook Media which only claims to have about 3k clicks.

That is to much of a scrub if you ask me. People on their end do not really know what the issue is. Been troubleshooting now for a few days.

Feel like I am losing my ass here. I know networks are notorious for shaving reports however a discrepancy of 5-6k clicks is unheard of.

5. phdesign

phdesign Active Member

Clicks in your system will NEVER match the network. Even if you run a network (which I had some experience with a few years back) with 0 scrubbing, the clicks never quite match up. Regardless of the network tracking software (Cake, Hitpath, Linktrust, etc.) I have never seen an exact match. Just wanted to clear that up front.

That said, unless there is some problem (click bots, massive dupes from hitting your clickers 100 times a day, whatever it might be), any network scrubbing 50%+ of the clicks better have a darn good reason why. CPC networks/offers notoriously scrub out clicks for a variety of reasons, primarily bots and dupe IP clicks.

I have never heard of Rook either, but if they are running on any major platform, it should show what is going on with their click tracking. For example if they are running on Cake, you can run a report that shows all the clicks for a given time period like today or yesterday. There you can see if there are lots of duplicate clicks they are scrubbing. So maybe they are reporting uniques and, in the case of Cake, there should be a place (checkbox at the top of reports) that will show duplicates or raw clicks. Check there first. If the clicks are simply vaporizing, there is probably a problem somewhere. Also try checking your own clicks. Maybe from a different IP and see if that does/doesn't show up in their tracking.

Many CPC offers also have a list of IPs they simply refuse to pay on. Ask if that is the case.

Next, check your logs. See if you have lots of clicks spawning from a few IPs. Otherwise if you can prove that the clicks are unique, call them on it.

Ditto everything else said above.

6. nickphx

nickphx VIP

Depending on the recipients and what software they have installed your traffic may never be making it to the network's tracking links. Most web filtering software will block web traffic destined for affiliate network domains after many months of being promoted via spam.