SBLCSS

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by mrlucky123, Dec 16, 2013.

1. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

Hey guys,

so... the battle between sblcss is a long and endless war, and we kind of lost the portion data of the past discussion regarding sblcss.I just wonder if guys know sblcss happen in real time, like you send to their trap, bammmm, your ip got blacklisted right away, or there is a waiting period. I know it always come down to data, and apparently IW cleaning isn't 100%.

2. IW-Sales

IW-Sales VIP

CSS is not fully a data related issue. We have asked many of our clients to provide the information they are getting based on their CSS listing. The strange part is that its not across all their servers. Some ranges are clean with the same data set (s) mailing and others are not. If it were data related - all things considered, it would be CSS'd across all the ranges.

3. PushSend

PushSend VIP

it has a lot to do with volume sent as well, at least that was the general consensus a while back.

4. aklayman

aklayman VIP

I recently had some CSS listings, some turned into an SBL, some I could block before spreading to my whole network and in a couple of days had the CSS listing removed.
    In error, I started sending again through two /24 (these had been delisted like 4 days ago)
    A couple of hours later I was back with CSS blocks.
    I send this same data through lots of other networks, and they are clean.
    I really dont know how they do it, but I am asuming they have some ISP informing on recent listings traffic.
    What do you think?

5. Pinnacle99

Pinnacle99 VIP

gi = anything over roughly 200k on a single IP will often result in CSS

TLD = Hotmail, old dormant data getting turned over to haus for honeypots. Start using industry best practices and removing people who dont click after 60 days or so and you should solve your problems.

This may not be the definitive guide, but ive mailed both TLD and gi for years and the above mentioned have been my solutions.

6. ElReyalto

ElReyalto VIP

200K per send? per 24 hours? I do remember that happening previously re: volume but curious how you are determining that ratio.

7. JayM

JayM VIP

You can sent way more than 200k per ip without css with gi. I never send less that 2mm per ip/domain and i rarely get DBL or CSS...

8. JayM

JayM VIP

Per drop then move to the next ip/domain

9. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

Perhaps can you share your technique to get that high? You can also share it via PM if you worry the whole world to know.

10. rdy2rock

rdy2rock New Member

CSS listings can be caused by many things. One could be you are buying from a blacklisted hosting provider. Another thing causing it can be your backoff settings. If you keep trying to send to an isp that is blocking your emails you will probably get added to the CSS. Another issue could be your mailer leaving a footprint somehow. Sometimes it is the list but if you are not getting regular SBL listings and it's just CSS then the list is probably good enough to mail without getting CSS, just need to fix other issues causing it.

11. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

so in another word, we need to routinely replacing the email template?

12. rdy2rock

rdy2rock New Member

I wouldn't say replace the email template, but maybe it can be something in the headers giving it away. The domain account could also be flagged. There are many variables, but if you clean list with IW and have low bounce, good backoff settings, etc, you should not be getting it.

13. ca1980

ca1980 VIP

Thanks for this thread - we had a few domains nailed with this recently and are trying to wrap our heads around it. We know we must have hit some spam traps, but we're cleaning with IW and even took some data we figured might still contain the trap(s), and ran it through Sift Logic too. SBLCSS still hasn't gone away though. They do say on the SBLCSS site that if you stop hitting the traps, the listing goes away after 3 days.

We archive non-active data over 60 days, and feel like we're doing what we can to maintain best practices. We'll start looking at other things like creatives, domain accounts, common WHOIS info that sort of thing. Regardless, its definitely a data issue at the end of the day. Any suggestions on helping clean things up beyond IW cleaning, maintaining supp / blacklists etc would be helpful.

14. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

I don't know if this may help but IW do have a daily cleaning, it may help you with the new trap popping up on the daily basis.

15. ca1980

ca1980 VIP

Thanks - We have our data being cleaned real-time (well close..every hour) as it comes in via IW, so not sure how else we could improve upon that.

16. reddorado

reddorado VIP

Check the CBL (http://cbl.abuseat.org/). I was getting SBLCSS on IPs that were mailing Hotmail data only. The CBL listing would show up first and then 24-48 hours later I would get the SBLCSS. Turned out it was my domain registrar account that was flagged for some reason. New domains from a different registrar, same data, same campaigns, same WHOIS and I never hit it again.

17. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

Did you have public or private Whois on domains in that account?

18. reddorado

reddorado VIP

Public WHOIS. Different registrar account (different registrar) with identical WHOIS and I have never hit it again.

19. DAgent

DAgent Moderator

Home Page:
    Great contribution RedDorado +rep

20. ca1980

ca1980 VIP

Very interesting! I wonder why they wouldn't correlate the other WHOIS data but only the registrar account. Did you keep the same IPs as well?