SenderScore

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by aklayman, Jan 8, 2014.

  1. aklayman

    aklayman VIP

    Joined:
    May 13, 2011
    Messages:
    56
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Hi I have been fiddling with senderscore, testing how and when an IP gains reputation and wanted to share my results and see if you great people of the forum have had the same results.

    First, here is how I tested this.

    -Fresh Ips: recently aquired /24, no senderscore
    -Divided the /24 by domain group (yahoo, microsoft, gmail,etc)
    -Started mailing.

    After 20 days of sending:
    Yahoo, Microsoft,Gmail, AOL ips didnt get any score, it always say Insufficient Mail Seen
    Cable IPs like Comcast, Roadrunner, Cox started getting reputation after a couple of days.


    For what I see, mailing to the big four didn't help at all with the rep, what I dont know is if they do use the score for reputation.
    Or maybe I need to send more volume for these domains...
     
  2. clixor

    clixor New Member

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    3
    I mail 100% AOL. Started with a fresh /16 30 days ago and about 40% of my ip's now have a senderscore attached. Most have managed to hit and stick at and around 100. The other 60% does indeed tell me there is Insufficient Mail sent. I utilize a strict throttle which as SG mentioned is low volume. I believe the low volume might be affecting the way the ip space is being rotated from one mailing to the next. I suspect some IP's may be under-utilized. It's tough to pin down the behavior of scoring and all other postmaster practices.....and I'm sure they plan on keeping things that way..otherwise my herem would be taking turns typing this message for me from a laptop dipped in solid gold. This forum has been a great asset and my go-to when I was unsure of mail related issues. The best I can do is comment from personal experience and hope it helps. Many of yours have helped me....
     
  3. DKPMO

    DKPMO VIP

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    Messages:
    1,452
    Likes Received:
    68
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Location:
    Elaborate Underground Base
    Why don't you mail some GI to see if that could jumpstart your SenderScore
     
  4. mrlucky123

    mrlucky123 Member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2012
    Messages:
    182
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    18
    I would have to disagree with DKPMO on the GI thing, I mailed GI myself and I tested it with a really good data at around 50k drop at first, 97% deliverable, but when I checked the senderscore. It gave me a 4 and said something like "Low volume to determine". With that being said, I believe jump start your senderscore with GI then move those IPs to TLD is a bad idea.
     
  5. Fun4uoc

    Fun4uoc VIP

    Joined:
    Apr 22, 2011
    Messages:
    605
    Likes Received:
    23
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Thats because 50k is low volume
     
  6. mrlucky123

    mrlucky123 Member

    Joined:
    May 4, 2012
    Messages:
    182
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    18
    I know, but the point is using GI to jump start the senderscore is very risky
     
  7. nickphx

    nickphx VIP

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2011
    Messages:
    1,139
    Likes Received:
    363
    Trophy Points:
    83
    Gender:
    Male
    Location:
    guadalajara, chiuhuahua
    The domains that use SenderScore for setting rate limits have lowered the benefit that a high SenderScore would have which has negated any real benefits of attempting to game SenderScore. One could still attain a "SenderScore" between 90-100 with "Very High Volume" in about 48-72 hours without triggering CloudMark or other blacklists.
     
  8. kevine

    kevine VIP

    Joined:
    May 22, 2011
    Messages:
    29
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    I am a 1 million % senderscore/returnpath expert. PM me your question will answer them.
     

Share This Page