Sendy

Discussion in 'ESP Discussion' started by money, Dec 24, 2014.

1. money

money New Member

Is anyone using http://sendy.co/ with both volume and success?

Any comments would be more than welcome as we explore possible ESP's

2. dalhaze

dalhaze New Member

You can make money with sendy + SES - Just like anything in mailing if you have a strategy and adjust and stick to the grindstone as you grow you can make $$$. There are hoops to jump through sometimes working with ESPs though.

3. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

I do not have any personal experience using Sendy, but I do know a couple of people who have used it with moderate success.

4. Mailer

Mailer VIP

Sendy works fine if you provide a solid backend. We use it for a few consumer newsletter lists. Nothing huge, the largest list that we run through sendy is around 70k subscribed and highly active users.

It's a good means of quickly deploying newsletters, the interface is uncluttered and simple, and the reporting is fairly extensive. That being said, if you toss it on a junk server with junk ips then your delivery rates will suffer. So, Sendy? Sendy is fine, it works well, it's a cheap solution, and I can't give it any bad marks for what it is. For the price, you'll find something that you can do with it and in my opinion it's worth checking out.

5. massmarketing

massmarketing New Member

I have been banned from Amazon SES so many times that its not even worth trying anymore. Never once was it for complaints either.

6. Mailer

Mailer VIP

You aren't required to use SES for Sendy, and you are absolutely correct in stating that Amazon is a PITA. Even without any reasoning behind it they seem to ban even legacy users, requiring them to jump through tons of hoops during their downtime.

You are able to configure sendy to use your own outbound server setup, it's easier to do this than it is to set up SES and the only quota would be one that you implement yourself at that point. We do not use SES with Sendy, we utilize our own servers.

7. massmarketing

massmarketing New Member

Yes exactly. I had weird problems though with using my own mail servers with SENDY on one of my servers. Support had no clue how to fix it either after numerous re-installs. Oh well. It is a decent piece of software that is simple to used. Definitely good for beginners.

8. Mailer

Mailer VIP

Most certainly, it makes for a decent newsletter platform for smaller lists. It's no powerhouse but It's fine for what it does. The reporting is nice and I've recommended it to quite a few folks for that reason alone. If a powerhouse is what you need, I'd look elsewhere.

9. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

I have had the total opposite experience using SES.
    They seem to be increasing my sending limits every single day, and I have 3 accounts that are experiencing the same thing.
    I was actually sort of surprised how fast they have been putting up my limits without me even asking them too.

10. massmarketing

massmarketing New Member

I had 3 accounts, over a million per day and got blocked outa nowhere.

11. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

Amazon is general is not the best for giving you an explanation about why they did something on your account.
    For being such a massive company, I have always found it funny how hard it is to get support and that literally you can wait 4 days for a ticket to be responded too.