so much spammy content

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by damian, Apr 20, 2016.

1. damian

damian Active Member

I don't mail TLDs so i dont know if its a filter thing or rep thing but in this one seed email i check on, a company is using just about every spammy looking commercial word out there and inboxing every time. How good of a rep does one need to be able to do this lol

For ex:

From Lines:
    Free Weight Loss Samples
    Online Loan
    Free Cellphone
    Insurance Options

Words used in the subject line:
    online loan services
    where do we deposit your new $500 commission pay checks
    Lose Weight - Free 14 day supply!

Body content can be like:

Hi

You're a winner today!

or

Hey there - Congratulations!

You have been selected as a finalist for our $10,000 grand prize.

2. nickphx

nickphx VIP

What about the mail headers.. Do they mail from the same IP or group of ips? Are they using an ESP? ... From my experience I have seen relaxed content filters with yahoo when IP reputation is good..

3. damian

damian Active Member

They have their own group of IPs. Doesn't seem like much but the ones they do use have good rep on senderbase. Probably a /24 (some are neutral)

I think they have their own platform/setup. They've been around for quite a while according to their site I'm just amazed at some of their creatives that land in the inbox. Reads like a used car salesman.

And it's always mailed from a static from line and root domain.

4. DoldGigga

DoldGigga VIP

If you're delivering to yahoo, you won't inbox consistently unless you're on their whitelist (which doesn't exist, but does). For everyone else, you're going to have delivery alternate between inbox and junk folder in a seemingly random fashion. It may have to do with the time of day that you are sending, along with other factors like how many FBL hits you get in a given interval.

FYI I don't think you should treat FBLs like unsub requests right away. You can let 3-5 FBL hits slide, maybe more. You should not be re-sending the same message once one message of a particular category/content gets FBL'd. The reason is more to do with human psychology than yahoo's policies. Yahoo doesn't track FBLs on a per-address basis as far as I know, it's just an aggregate count for some unspecified period(s) of time, but people will tend to click "spam" for any email that is something they're not interested if it is not personal in nature (a message from someone they know), even if they did sign up for a promotional offer. So treat FBL hits more like "don't send any more of this type" rather than "never email me again".

5. steedafla

steedafla New Member

Yahoo has been kind of tricky as of late. I can't get my email to inbox, but I think my IP reputation has been tarnished so much that the links aren't even clickable if the message goes to the spam folder. I am not sure if just a full pause to Yahoo for X amount of time will help rehabilitate the reputation of my sending IP addresses, but I'm going to try it anyway.

I have seen instances if the email goes into the spam folder, at least the links are clickable. I've also had Yahoo reject my email based on the links I had from my email creatives - once the link was changed to something else, the mail got delivered.

6. docbrown

docbrown Member

Yahoo has been disabling links in the spam folder for years. this is nothing new or specific to your ips...

7. damian

damian Active Member

a lot of these emails show up in my gmail inbox as well

8. damian

damian Active Member

god i hate this forum

9. SuperGenii

SuperGenii www.DataMCP.com

I advice you not to hijack another member's thread with your unrelated noob questions

SG

10. swank

swank Member

Tends to be the same for me.