SpamAssassin Score

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by noobking, Aug 20, 2012.

1. noobking

noobking Member

2. PushSend

PushSend VIP

your scores will vary across any tool/resource you use because they're all (probably) using a different version of SA and with each version of SA comes a different rule set and/or score associated with it. So the best you can do is test on several and try to 'average' your SA scores.

But a good rule of thumb is - if you aren't at or close to zero, you have a LOT of work to do!

:itsme:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  3. noobking

noobking Member

Thanks pushsend, I've realized this problem.

Some are using 3.2 while some are using 3.1:handkiss:

4. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

Pushsend, can you please explain this a little more? I thought with ss, the lower of the score, the better. Why is that at or close to zero, we have to work some more? What is the ideal good score in your opinion.

Also, imo, even with lower score, there is still a chance your template go down to junkbox.

5. PushSend

PushSend VIP

typo - thanks for catching it and then quoting me!

And as for junking, and with you not mentioning which domain(s) you're asking about, I'll tell you that just because your SA score is low doesn't mean that the other shit you have going on in your template isn't causing your mail to get funneled off into bulk/junk. It's only a piece of the puzzle my friend!

:smokin:

6. roundabout

roundabout VIP

A low SA score is just one piece of the puzzle.

e.g.Sending a template with a SA of 0 and subject: Paydays loans inside won't get you very far. Even though SA likes it, many ISPs have their own filtering mechanisms in place as well...

One obvious thing you should be doing, at least for the SA side of things, is to have seeds going every 10% of your data, so you can get an idea of at what point in your data, your SA begins to rise, and when you begin perma-junking... or when RAZOR begins to kick in, etc.

If your data is clean, you really shouldn't see much increase in your score at all... the most obvious penalties are RAZOR, SURBL, URIBL, DBL, etc.