SpamCop Reports

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by liondragon, Jul 7, 2014.

1. liondragon

liondragon New Member

Does anyone here manage to receive full SpamCop reports? If so how do you sign up?

I've created an ISP account with them, and do receive notification about complaints. But, that's useless as what is really needed is full header to identify the problem. Spamcop doesn't bother me too much, as I don't get enough complaints to even get listed. But, I'd rather stay as clean as possible. My hosting company does send me reports, but only sometimes.

I've contacted their (SpamCop) support and was told that they don't send full reports to ESPs or email marketers.

2. rdy2rock

rdy2rock New Member

They send email to the abuse email address of the IP. If you send from an IP and have ownership of that ip and you control the whois contact information then you will get the spamcop report directly.

3. liondragon

liondragon New Member

I think you are right. I've found their hidden wiki page, and it states that ISP accounts only receive summary reports.. Though it does say that they used to do provide full reports. But, now you need to convince them to do so. (http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/ISPAccount)

So, I the only way would be to ask host to forward them to you at all times.

4. rdy2rock

rdy2rock New Member

Yes have host forward the report. In some cases they will even change the abuse email directly.

5. noobking

noobking Member

you can buy a /24 range and ask ISP to change abuse email to your address