Stepping Down

Discussion in 'In The News' started by roundabout, Jun 25, 2014.

1. roundabout

roundabout VIP

Ladies and Gents, it's been a wonderful, wonderful ride on the MF train.

Effective today, I am stepping down as Administrator/Owner of the site, as MF has been officially acquired by another company, who will introduce themselves shortly.

Back in 2011, MF was created with a simple vision: For people who eat, breathe, and sleep email, there needed to be a place where anyone could look up related topics, on anything email-related, and get immediate answers. From legal avenues, to crooked IP salesmen, to delivery strategies and gossip. MF came through for us, every time, in every way. And I'm proud to say it's all been because of YOU, the contributors, for shaping MF and giving it the nurturing it required to grow.

I will still be around as a moderator, helping the new owners out, nothing drastic is happening, no need to worry.

Once again, I thank everyone for all their support and help over the years, I will continue to contribute to MF, as I hope all of you will as well, so it remains the #1 Email Marketing forum in the world.

As Ringo said... "Peace and Love.. Peace and Love..."

2. BigEricBug

BigEricBug VIP

Roundy....time for the old man to step down and let some youth take over up in here huh? :laugh:

Jokes aside, great job. Forum has been an awesome addition last few years to the community, both online here(informative and entertaining), and at the various conventions with the meetups, parties and such. Met some great people in the industry I never would have otherwise in person, as well as some characters as well.

With that said I am sure MF is in great hands moving forward as well, and will continue on its path.

3. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

Hi Roundy,

Thank you for growing a great community here. I remember coming to this forum for the first time, making a post about email scraping, and having PushSend give me a tongue lashing for posting something black hat here.

Although I have been online for some years in business, I have not been in the email business for nearly as long as many of you. I know I have spoken to many of you on here, but I am sure there are many I have yet to connect with. I am looking forward to speaking and engaging with all of you (new and old) as we continue to press forward.

With that said, there are plans in the works to continue to make MailerForum even better, while maintaining the unique culture that this forum has been known for. I wish Mark great success in his new business ventures (whatever they may be), and thank him for sticking around here and keeping this place packed with great information and entertainment alike.

I will be at ASE and ASW, so I look forward to meeting and drinking with you all in the coming months....Rock On!

4. nymailer

nymailer VIP

Thanks Roundy, I learned a lot about mail from you. Good luck in your future ventures.

5. jpcserv

jpcserv VIP

Well done Round! I've followed/enjoyed your intel, wit and humor from WF to MF to present. One of a kind in my book! Hope you're not going too far.

6. arbydar

arbydar VIP

Thanks for a great forum Roundy. You did a marvelous job! Enjoy retirement from MF

7. airin

airin Member

Congrats Roundy! This is definitely an invaluable asset for the mailing community. =-)

8. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

Congrats to both of you on the new chapter!

9. bluehairdave

bluehairdave VIP

Just saw this. Thanks for everything Roundy!

10. digital

digital New Member

Congrats for both of you..i hope new management will bring some new air to the forum ...Thanks Roundy for everything!! I owe you big time for helping me all the time...Best Wishes for future projects!!

11. elusivemarketing

elusivemarketing VIP

Good luck with all your future ventures bro.. forum is a complete success I am sure you got paid real good for it :p

12. erbux

erbux VIP

I know I'm hella late with this but atta boy roundy.