The Network Scrub List

Discussion in 'Networks Discussion' started by diamondD, Feb 27, 2015.

1. diamondD

diamondD VIP

Anyone up for helping keep a scrub list going for offers by Network?

For example, we test EVERY offer across various networks. When we notice conversion ratios are way off, we test the lead capture, and 99% of the time, discover that the lead did not track. I'm sure most mailers test the offers they run too. I think it would be a good idea to see what everyone is seeing as the worst offenders/networks/offers.

Of course we get all the BS reasons like, "Let me check with the advertiser why it's not tracking." or "Did you clear your cookies?" or "That's weird, let me look into it."

For example, today, numbers were way down, so we tested several offers on a network. Interestingly, 5 of the 7 tests did not track. That's outright criminal.

2. elusivemarketing

elusivemarketing VIP

I actually like this idea. would love to hear more :)

3. Doug S.

Doug S. New Member

I love this topic. I think this happens on a large scale. In various networks.

4. nickphx

nickphx VIP

How would you determine if a network is doing the scrubbing or if a publisher is scrubbing the network's traffic?

5. diamondD

diamondD VIP

nickphx, why would a pub scrub their own traffic?

6. nickphx

nickphx VIP

my mistake. i meant advertiser.

7. Spounki

Spounki VIP

Thats a good idea but I afraid results will don't be enought relevant on just some leads because there are too many factors to take in consideration:

- Shaving % which can very a lot from network to advert for different reasons (time, out of money, ROI, payout competition)
    - Technical issues (tracking, cookies, blah blah)
    - Fraud protection (advert + network )
    - And every other excuses we could hear from advert/network

But the most important, is the perpetual adjustment from advert to networks to adjust their ROI day after day;
    so in fine, where we will push more traffic because we think advert/network is best, after some time the shaving will start to increase mechanically
    just because : more publishers = more similar/bad traffic = less ROI = increase shaving

8. diamondD

diamondD VIP

Spounki, I agree there are a lot of variables, but there is also a lot to be gleaned just from seeing the conversion rate differences. I run most campaigns direct as well as from networks (networks = weekly pay, direct = net 30) to minimize risk, etc. The differences are astounding.

Quick question, who does everyone think shaves the worst?

9. adrianm

adrianm New Member

diamondD did you test split testing the offer among different networks(this is the easiest way I can think how to find out who scrubs the most)?

10. diamondD

diamondD VIP

Yes I do this regularly, but I'd like to see if anyone else is interested in or willing to post their results as well. In other words, it would be great if we all said, hey let's post results for Freescore this week, and we each post our conversion rates and the networks we ran it on. For example, my conv rates this week on FS have been anywhere from .5% to 2.25% across w4, gwm, direct and dbl. Not sure if peeps just don't want to call out the networks etc.