The trick when writing a template

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by mrlucky123, Jul 6, 2012.

1. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

Hi guys,

I have been here a while but never really contributed anything, so I would like help those who still suffering to write a good template.

First of it, you would need to understand that your template must pass spamassassin filter to inbox first, use outlook 2010 or windows live mail to test for your inbox rate, if you can inbox both of them, then you know you are good to go, but I normally have more priority to inbox with outlook 2010 than the live mail.

2nd of all, you must balance between text and image with outlook (I have seen a couple of templates have a perfect score of 0.1/5, but still end up in junkbox). that means say you have a template all text, with only a tracking pixel

that will trigger the filter, but if you have that text, say 10 lines, that will put your email back into the inbox (of course, without any spammy word).

3rd of all, don't ever, ever use any chemical, pharmatical word next to each other that's like putting a nuke next to a container of C4, best of all, dont use any at all.

And last but not least, try to write your template short, simple and follow the KISS code (Keep It Simple Stupid), people dont like to read a lengthy email from some strainger just so you can keep your ratio between text and images.

I will have more to share, about design, subject, from lines and other things.

To Infinity and Beyond.

2. Iza

Iza VIP

Is there a difference in what makes the inbox between different versions of outlook? Say Outlook express vs outlook 2010. Have you tested it? Or are you just saying outlook 2010 because that's what you use?

3. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

I'm using both outlook 2010 and windows live mail to test my inbox, as long as you can inbox windows live, you can inbox outlook 2003, but its a difference game with 2010 because they twisted the junkbox filter in the 2010 version, so you should use 2 of them, if you want to further your test, you can test it on other software as well( ie: thunder bird)

4. roundabout

roundabout VIP

MrLucky
    Which would you say is harder to inbox, Outlook 2003 or 2010? You recommend using both?

5. mrlucky123

mrlucky123 Member

I would recommend for using both of them to test out, the thing is to understand how their filter works, each have a certain type of spam keyword filter, the lengthy of the email to be put into junkbox, images, etc.