USER FEEDBACK THREAD

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by ProducerK, Jan 25, 2015.

1. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately our last thread about this got blown up by some undesirable members and some of our resident trolls.

Anyway, if possible, lets keep this thread clean with suggestions and feedback on the new Mailer Forum.

I welcome all feedback positive and negative, and will be implementing the suggestions and feedback that make sense to make the community better for everyone.

Ok, go!

2. Mailer619

Mailer619 Member

It'd be nice to see what someone's post count is without having to click on their profile pic so we can more quickly determine their level of newness.

3. DaMadHatter

DaMadHatter Active Member

Signatures still do not work correctly. There are some other missing profile functions as well compared to vBull.

Additionally, there seems to be some confusion for new members what is needed to be able to send PM's. I have seen this myself almost a half dozen times where either they can send me a PM, but I can't reply or they can't seem to send the PM at all. Not sure if new members have to be approved or make a few posts, verify address or whatever. However, I think a sticky as to what is needed would be helpful to avoid those frustrations.

4. Daansen

Daansen Member

Is it possible to make available the option to choose the forum design not so contrast. It is very uncomfortable and unhealthy for the eyes to see plain black text on a plain white screen. There is a good reason why all forums all over the world have their background slightly blue or something like that, and their fonts often are more dark grey than pure black.
    Besides that if all lines in tables were more visible it would also add some points to better usability, from my point of view.

5. Daansen

Daansen Member

Actually there are many more things... For example, I can't find the option to edit the message.

6. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

I just fixed this for you now, as you can see on the left, all users have full information showing now.

7. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

You should be able to edit your signature now. Please confirm with me that this is now working.
    I am checking into the private messaging issue now, hang tight while I resolve that as well.
    [UPDATE]: The private message system has had the permissions updated so now you should be able to send and receive private messages without any issues.

8. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

I am speaking to the development team right now about this to make the colors slightly softer on the eyes. I will update you here once it has been changed.

9. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

The permissions have now been updated so below your post, there should be an option to edit it. Please let me know if you see this and confirm it is working for you.

10. DaMadHatter

I checked for you, nope. I do not even show an option for signature any longer in the control panel.

I clicked around the 'usual suspects' where I might find this like preferences, but it's not there either.

11. Daansen

Daansen Member

I still don't see the "edit" button.

12. DaMadHatter

There is still no way in the profile to edit, add, or change signature

13. ProducerK

ProducerK Guest

You should now be able to modify, change, and edit your signature.
    Can you please confirm?