Video in Email Increases CTR 2-3x

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by PushSend, Jun 3, 2011.

1. PushSend

PushSend VIP

This raises quite a few questions in my mind and I'm going to do some poking around to see if I can get any answers from these guys, but I'm down for trying this if it really works!

source: MarketingVox.com

2. gspot

gspot VIP

I don't know... I have a real issue with this.

Video's can be great at increasing user engagement, however it really depends on whats being offered. I really don't think sending out 3party aff offers would work well, since many people view emails at work and many work place offices block some types of video's. Also, videos take a while to load and people are impatient therefore, any video taking more then 2sec to load you run the risk of high abandon rates. Also, I think that some advertisers might rely too much on the video to sell the product and if the video never gets viewed no sales will be generated.

I believe this type of model would work very well for permission based marketers i.e a cooking newsletter that embeds a video of a 5min recipe. This I believe would work the best, since recipients knows they will be receiving a video and are more likely to click on in.

...but thats my 2cents

3. DoldGigga

DoldGigga VIP

A lot of these "industry" websites post stupid shit like this just to drum up media attention and/or promote some gay service like "certified email" or whatever.

Email originated as plain text and that's fine. Rich text was a legitimate evolution, graphical HTML is a stretch...before you know it "email" will just be the actual landing page complete with order form and some dipshit will think he is a genius for blogging about it.

4. DKPMO

DKPMO VIP

That's exactly where all major webmail platforms are heading if you have been paying attention.

Have you seen the impact from Yahoo's latest inbox upgrade yet?

5. DoldGigga

DoldGigga VIP

Headed? They've already been there...but if you want to enable those kind of features prepare to pay out the ass for a Returnpath certification or be relegated to using one of the larger ESPs to deliver your mail.

Think about it - almost all mail clients block remote images in HTML email by default to this day. Do you really believe they're going to let javascript work just like that? At worst, an image could be a cookie stuff attempt...it poses a minimal security risk...but even stripped down JS can do some nasty shit if the coder is crafty.

6. JohnFarrell

JohnFarrell VIP

tl;dr

How can I get videos in aol inboxes? I can deliver them if I could figure out how to embed a video.

7. JohnFarrell

JohnFarrell VIP

I would pay out the ass if I could get a video or js delivered. I'd have an Obama look a look a like selling grants and some bitch that look like Oprah selling diet pills and js that hijacked their browser to add me to their contacts.

8. bumpies

bumpies VIP

haha awesome, now we can get those annoying shamwow videos to auto play!

it sells its self, seriously guys...

9. roundabout

roundabout VIP

Hah! Talk about killing 3 birds with one stone...

BTW there are methods being used now by some clever guys on here that can make that ADD ME button get pushed already...

10. airin

airin Member

I have visions of Pinky and the Brain dancing around in my head after reading this. LOL.