what should a noob mail? gi vs tld

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by justenjoy, Sep 15, 2011.

1. justenjoy

justenjoy VIP

not too many noobs in this section posting so I thought will ask.

As a newbie just starting out I'm not sure what names should I mail to? Gi or TLD's? I think its smarter to concentrate at a single one.

There are obvious pros and cons (spam traps vs delivering, burning ips vs building rep?) to both but what way do you think new guys should choose to have bigger chance of success?

I was thinking to start tld but i'm not sure now.

Thanks for any advice you may give.

And flame away if you will :star:

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  2. DaMadHatter

DaMadHatter Active Member

Noob you say? Short answer, G.I..

:shot:

3. PushSend

PushSend VIP

Bullshit. There's absolutely NO reason why a noob can't get started with a solid platform/ESP that provides training/mentoring along with a myriad of other tools to help them learn how to mail - the right way - and cut their teeth on TLD. While there's also no reason to ONLY do one, it makes more financial sense (in operating costs) to go TLD as you will only have to buy X number of domains and X number of IPs and will not have to burn either of those two resources up. Not to mention saving yourself the headache of potentially getting SBL'd as we all know that 99% of the traps are in GI...

So - it's really up to you which way you go - but each way has its allure.

:shakehands:

4. airin

airin Member

I would say TLD... pick one and figure it out.

Mailing a TLD and GI are so different, I don't thinking knowing GI will give you that much relevant experience to use when you eventually try a TLD. GI is also a lot more expensive...you need a lot more IPs, etc to make it worthwhile.

5. nickphx

nickphx VIP

I've done GI with 10 contiguous IPs and 5 link domains, 1 from domain.. It's not a setup and blast system though.. Some TLDs you want to spread out the mail across much more space and use lots of domains..

6. justenjoy

justenjoy VIP

I can name one - don't want to lose my kidney over this lol :nurse:

Sure Id gladly pay $10k for mentoring and esp to those few guys tutoring on this forum but my budget is only 1k p/m. Unless I start making profit soon which is doubtful.

So I'm gonna do it the hard way and fail and then fail some more and hopefully learn from it. :pcguru:

Yes I think tld's are my best bet.

7. justenjoy

justenjoy VIP

define lots? ;) im gona shoot for 100 at the begining

8. PushSend

PushSend VIP

1st - doesn't take 10k to get started with everyone - maybe you should ask someone else :hmmmm2:

And without even gettinng started you're already "doubtful" you'd be making a profit soon? What's 'soon' to you and if you go into it with negativity - that's all you'll get out of it.

2nd - Your budget won't cover this approach for long - you'll be left broke and still have no clue how to mail.

9. justenjoy

justenjoy VIP

I think optinbroadcast is 10k im sure other guys charge less but im still short

what I ment is I don't expect to kill it in the first week I know it takes time. Some noobs don't. A month or two perhaps :D My attitude is all but negative.

I will do my homework to minimize failing but you never know when sh*t will hit the fan ;)

10. DaMadHatter

DaMadHatter Active Member

Apparently I must have misread his O.P., as I did not see him asking about coaching, or ESP hand holding in regards to mailing. As I had read it, he was looking to getting into mailing and was doing it himself. He was asking which is the easiest for a newbie to get started in, and make a return on investment... TLD or G.I..

My mistake.
    :driver:

11. PushSend

PushSend VIP

You're right about OptIn+

I also said "you should ask someone else".....

:idea:

12. gspot

gspot VIP

G.I is a good way to get your feet wet, but TLD's is where the real challenge and excitement of mailing come into play. I have never been a fan of G.I since the hassels of acquiring new ips every week isn't worth the effort :684: and the complaints...Oy vey.. I get max 2 complaints a year with TLD's compared to the daily ones I get with G.I. However, this isn't to say that GI isn't profitable and the truth is if done right, it's consistent revenue as opposed to the roller coaster ride of TLD's.

Keep in mind, that the mailing strategies are very different for both GI and TLD, TLD's are more concerned with your ip/domain/sender rep and you need to focus on "quality" NOT "quantity" . This isn't to say you can't scale your TLD's you just can't drop 500K to yahoo on the first drop and see what sticks. Treat your TLD's like you would a 16yr virgin....slow and steady and hopefully one day, she'll open up :eating: