Which Set Up To Go With

Discussion in 'Noob Central' started by tywizz88, Sep 22, 2016.

1. tywizz88

tywizz88 New Member

Hi everyone I have been a lurker for a while of this forum, and want to get started in bulk mailing. Right now I'm just using aweber driving traffic to my forum, and have some auto responder campaigns set up along with dropping a campaign every know and then. I have access to a lot of data, that is cleaned and want to mail too. Before this, I was just setting up .88 cent domains, and spamming through those using spark post, but it is becoming to much of a hassle day to day, and want to step my game up. So I'm looking into a few options.
    1. Robomail
    2. VoloMP
    3. PowerMTA
    4. Or Higher someone to build our own
    If anyone can tell me the pro's and cons's of each platform it would be much appreciated, before I spend the 12k for robo mail, or 2k a month for voloMP. I'm not entirely sure what PowerMTA is, but I know it is an option.
    If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated or I know mailers don't like to give up secrets for free, but willing to pay a consultant fee as well.
    Thank you

2. nickphx

nickphx VIP

Robmail and Volomp are "mailing platforms".
    PowerMTA is a Mail Transfer Agent, it just relays whatever you send it using rules you configure it to use while sending.
    If your cheap domain and sparkpost workflow has become too much of a hassle, you will find no relief in robomail, volo, or powermta.
    If the sparkpost stuff works, why not focus on resolving the bottleneck(s)/hassle(s) and ramp it up?

3. tywizz88

tywizz88 New Member

Thanks for the feedback, only issue is with sparkpost I only send like 800 emails before the account is shut down. Would rather just make the investment into one of these mailing platforms

4. nickphx

nickphx VIP

That's abysmal. I managed to send for a couple of months on their highest tier. Perhaps you have shit data or you're sending something people really don't like.

5. tywizz88

tywizz88 New Member

Well I'm not sure I was just blasting out yahoo cpc feeds, something generic. May test out something else, just easy to convert on.

6. nickphx

nickphx VIP

zzz. good luck with that.