Yahoo delivering/complaint tips

Discussion in 'Mail Chat' started by dalhaze, Jul 2, 2014.

1. dalhaze

dalhaze New Member

Hi there,

So i'm finally moving on from PMTA and jimmy rigged platforms to the the big boy platforms, I just got signed up with Dagent and am about to scale to the skies (in due time).

I have a source for solid IPs and have relatively clean data. I am anticipating .4-.8~% complaint rate *initially* on my data and a bounce rate of 2-4% when I start mailing later today.

I've found a few work arounds to help such as using content/clickable blocks instead of < href for my links, and watering down my complaint rate with seed list and a few other tricks. I'm used to AOL, and haven't done a ton in Yahoo.

Of course i'll be testing different MTAs/blocks with different strategies so I can do some good testing, but i'm wondering if anyone has tips for increasing deliverability or specifically minimizing my complaint rate, or just plain some things to avoid f***ing it all up.

I'll be doing some cleaning with IW and a few other services, but how much do those help with complaints? In my experience the list of high risk contacts i got from cleaning services were not really the same lists i got from my own FBLs.

ouch: my post count doesn't really reflect how long i've been at the mailing game.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  2. aadner

aadner New Member

I'm interested in an answer to your question as well. Also curious as to your bio on mailing if you don't mine posting in the introduction forum. ;-)

3. khnet

khnet Member

You got to be careful when increasing speed to yahoo, start slow and increase slowly, once you get TS02 don't try to continue, let the range relax for some hours and start with lower speed, if you get a few times of TS's on the range, your limit would be pushed much lower, try to avoid that.

For complains, try not using spammy subjects and not overuse the same subject a few times to the same list, although you'll still see decent complains if you send something that recipients don't want to receive.

my 2cents

4. aadner

aadner New Member

when you say slow, do have a specific amount in mind? (as I hijack dalhaze's post)

5. khnet

khnet Member

it depends on how responsive your data, usually I'd increase x number per ip every few days, or every week.